Live captions: how to turn off?

Today my Events videos are showing “Live captions”, which I’ve never seen before. It’s a nice optional feature, though the voice it is recording is not loud enough for the captions to be very accurate, and I’d like to turn off the feature in the playback, but I have no idea where to go to turn off the captioning. Can you help? Thanks!

Is this an option in your phones OS? What phone and OS are you using? This is not a Wyze feature.

3 Likes

Oh that’s interesting!
Phone is running Android 10. It recently updated itself from Android 9. Maybe this is something I can find in the phone settings. YES! I found it. I had accidentally turned on the phones Live Captions, an Accessibility feature that appears under the volume controls when you adjust the various volumes:

Use Live Caption

With a single tap, Live Caption automatically captions speech on your device. Use it on videos, podcasts, phone calls, video calls, and audio messages – even stuff you record yourself.

Important: Some of these steps work only on Android 10 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.

Turn on Live Caption

Live Caption works in English on Pixel 2 and later, and selected other Android phones.

To turn Live Caption on or off:

1. Press the volume button.
  2. Under the volume controls, tap Live Caption Live Caption Subtitles.

When Live Caption is turned on, captions appear for speech in media playing on your device.

Thank you!

5 Likes

@Omgitstony, wow, you are so so smart :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just shoot for the moon and you get lucky sometimes. :slight_smile: