Linking Wyze Lock to Google Home/Assistant

I use Home Assistant and have been able to integrate my Wyze lock, cam, sense and bulbs and add them to my Google Assistant. Thermostat and robot vac are just around the corner.

Unfortunately, the lock can not unlock, but does lock without issue which is more important to me at the moment.

The key take away here is if I can manage to make it happen, Wyze can.

This is simply an issue of priority. Wyze does not see this has a high priority item and are not devoting the man power needed.

Wyze, do it yourself or provide us with a public API for all devices. You’ve got to do one or the other at this point, hopefully both.

5 Likes

Ah bummer, I also got scammed by wyze. I had read that it worked with google voice assistant, then Q3, then no ETA. I liked wyze but will now be returning all products. This behavior is unacceptable. They are lucky there aren’t getting sued for fraud.

If someone makes a class action, count me in

2 Likes

anything yet Wyze?

Just so you know. I don’t do Amazon and I have been making recommendations to all my clients to NOT use Amazon so they are all using the Google Assistant and most of them use it through Google Home. You are quickly becoming my #1 smart home device go-to but I’m afraid I have to stop recommending you guys because of the lack of integration. Google Assistant is by far more powerful than all its competitors and I’m not about to deviate from using it.

However, I still think you guys have great products and I use only one of your locks (and August for all my other locks). I have also recommended and use your robot vacuum cleaner. (I have clients who would want only those with Google Assistant integration and would rather fork out a few more hundreds of dollars for it.)

Looking forward to the day when you guys finally willing to integrate with Google Assistant.

PS. I will be doing a lock blitz in my area soon so if you guys decide to integrate with Google Assistant at all, I’ll be willing to wait for it.

2 Likes

When now?

I bought my locks 8 months ago and figured the (coming soon) meant a lot sooner or I might have made another choice for the 3 locks I bought. :frowning:

1 Like

[quote=“Kkuhle, post:110, topic:91085, full:true”]
I bought my locks 8 months ago and figured the (coming soon) meant a lot sooner or I might have made another choice for the 3 locks I bought. :frowning:
[/quote]Same here. If I knew they obviously didn’t have interest in linking their devices with Google Assistant then I wouldn’t have bought their locks.

Same with the vacuum

2 Likes

Can someone from Wyze give us an update on this? It was been over a year since the initial promise of Google Assistant support was mentioned. I think we at least deserve an update on the progress.

2 Likes

Howdy from April 2021 - You guys still advertise that this works with Google and even have reviewers out there giving demos on how it works, why does this not yet work? If so, remove the Assistant advertising as that was one of the big reasons I got this!

4 Likes

Wyze, at least define “soon” for us. My house is all Google home enabled except wyze stuff. Wyze seemed like a cool company, but I’m regretting the purchase now and warning friends.

3 Likes

I have 40 IOT devices on my network (ya, I know. The comcast guy has already given me the side-eye. It’s a sickness). I have several Wyze cams (in & out), switches and I bought the lock thinking it had Google integration (Buyer beware). A year later, nope. Just look at this thread, wow. I was about to buy a watch, vacuum, scale and another 2 locks when I realized my lock still hasn’t integrated with Google and doesn’t really work well otherwise. I’m out. No more Wyze products until they make this right and that means more than just adding Google support at this point.

1 Like

Since we are waiting so long for Google Assistant integration can you please send me a door lock key pad to use? I see you are giving them away with your new ones.

3 Likes

Agreed :handshake:

Ron Johnston

South Weber, Utah

This is a fine idea. I ONLY buy Google assistant compatible devices so they are all controlled by the same ecosystem. I took a chance with Wyze since GA compatibility was promised. An olive branch would help with the regret.

1 Like

THERE IS A BIG GOOGLE COMMUNITY HERE!
Wyze, please! (Is there a bitch please emoji somewhere? Haha)

1 Like

Yeah I feel like they view Google Assistant integration as the redheaded step child on all of their products. Seems like it’s always on the back burner compared to Alexa. If anyone from Wyze sees this, there are a lot of us here that are very interested in this integration and would love an update.

3 Likes

I agree, why put it works with Google. if it doesn’t. Dont hate on your Google Fan base Wyze!!

1 Like

Any update from anyone at Wyze that might see this??

@JonathanF,

Can you please provide another update? I think we are now 18 months past the release date of this product and there hasn’t been a status update in months.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is a joke or what, but I was looking trough the Google assistant page and found a familiar face there.

Still can’t link it in assistant though…