Linking Wyze Lock to Google Home/Assistant

On top of everyone else chimmimg in sharing the same viewpoint on Google home integration, I would have to agree with @richardnorton50, I had decided to be committed to wyze after witnessing a great level of communication and collaboration with it’s community. And even when wyze owned up to mistakes such as the case was when replacement cams were sent out free of charge after a defect was reported. And while I feel a bit slighted by this I’m hopeful someone can clear this up as they had in the past by acknowledging the false advertisement / misunderstanding, offering a clear goal and path to providing a solution and buy offering frequent updates on the status.

This is really frustrating, no word from any of these guys about when the integration will be done. They are probably too busy building the smart space heater :joy::joy:, I dont know about anyone else but I sure am not buying any wyze products until the integration is done, because I was told it works with Google when I bought the product.

4 Likes

"by end of Q3… Here we are, Sept 14th… 16 days left. Whats the Over/Under on Wyze not meeting this “promise” as well.

5 Likes

Great news everyone! Q3 ends in 2 days so we’ll have Google integration of the lock as advertised at the time of purchase and repeatedly promised in this thread!

I don’t see a promise they made, I think they learned their lesson from making promises

Hello everyone that is interested in Google Home integration with Wyze Lock,

I apologize for the late and overdue update on Wyze Lock/Google Home situation. Previously, I mentioned Q3 as the period we were hoping Google integration would be online but that period has since passed.

We encountered some difficulty with the Google Home implementation as the backend security storage is very different from Amazon Alexa. To make sure the system is securely storing Wyze Lock user information, we need to revamp the backend security system in order to meet the safety and security compliance.

This has caused a huge delay in the Google Home implementation for Wyze Lock.

We promised Google Home integration since last year and we still haven’t delivered that. This is my fault and I take responsibility for it. I apologize for the delay. Apology aside, I understand all you want is Google Home integration. We are still working very hard on getting this implementation working for 2020. We have not forgotten about it.

Thank you and I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Regards,

12 Likes

Thank you for the update. As disappointing as it is. I have always been a friend and supporter of WYZE and have several units at my house and business. I have been early backers on upcoming projects. With that being said, I will now have to pause and rethink my purchases and certainly stop any future backings with WYZE. As you said, this was promised last year. I remember seeing “coming May 2020” with regards to Google integration. This was a key reason I purchased the lock. I see new products in development and releasing soon, yet old product (Lock) seems to have been neglected and certainly not delivered as promised. I wish WYZE well and will follow them and view new products, but will no longer in good conscious purchase or back until they finish what they said they were going to do with the old products.

13 Likes

Well said and I complete agree with you. It’s disappointing to see useless products being released while great existing products getting neglected.

5 Likes

I agree, I loved thier products now idk seeq1ms to be getting sketchy sorry wyze. But its not wise to take our money on false pretenses. And that a everyday user aside from being a software developer.

1 Like

I am interested in the Wyze Lock and can wait a bit for Google Home Integration. That said, if Google Home Integration is not a solid commitment, I will pass on the lock. Is this a solid commitment from Wyze?

3 Likes

I’m starting to regret my purchase of Wyze products as well. Google Assistant Camera integration still isn’t working and still constantly buffers. Products are changing so frequently as well that I’m regretting purchases made only a couple of months early. The Wyzecam outdoor is a good example. I supported that as an early adopter and then they release Wyzecam v3 with outdoor support.
Come on guys, your starting to hurt your reputation. I want the lock but need Google Home integration.

5 Likes

Hi @JonathanF! I’m sure you are very busy with all the new products, but is there any chance we can get a more recent update on whether this is still planned for 2020? Thank you!

1 Like

The only thing stopping me from buying the Wyze Lock is the fact that you don’t have Google integration for it yet. I NEED to be able to lock my door with my voice as I’m walking out the door with my hands full every day for work. Maybe if y’all would stop putting out new products every other week and instead focus on fulfilling the promises you’ve already made, this wouldn’t be an issue. I can’t be the only one out there who hasn’t bought the lock yet because of this

5 Likes

I just installed my Wyze lock yesterday and wondering why it won’t sync with my Google Home (I thought I read it somewhere saying it is compatible with Google). After reading this post, I’m disappointed now because it is almost end of the year but they still couldn’t figure out how to make the integration happens. I’m a bit skeptical now on the Wyze doorbell that I preordered (I know it says Google assistant coming soon, but again, looking at this rate it makes me worry more!).

1 Like

Early backer from way back…but I got roped in as well and was extremely disappointed that V3 came out of nowhere.

Jonathan,
I have been using your products for a while and did like them . More recently your products have seemed to be rushed out to the public before they are ready. This is a prime example… You promised Google integration a long time ago. You have not kept this promise. For me the fact that you didn’t keep your word as a company is why I will be removing your products and not purchasing them it again. This may not be a problem for you to see one person go, but I hope you realize that it will not be just one. I wish your company no i’ll will, and hope that you are willing to learn and grow from here.
Christopher

4 Likes

I agree. New products coming out weekly, yet old products are not being supported or even finished with what they initially said they would do. “google coming soon” is their new line. I am stopping all future purchases and will no longer recommend wyze to my friends. Disappointed with lock, disappointed with google camera integration, disappointed with outdoor cam v3 cam timing. Disappointed with the lack of WYZE feedback and answers to our complaints

4 Likes

I wrote this elsewhere in the forums but I think it deserves to be stated twice. Your team needs to stop their other projects and focus on this. you are losing your oldest customer base due to this.

I invested pretty heavily in the Wyze ecosystem with the expectation that Google Home integration was going to be a given. Hell, my lock was advertised as “works with google” , clearly that was not the case.

Your team has time to develop multiple new products so you can keep bringing in the money but you are refusing to take care your existing client base.

We don’t need a new watch or an updated camera, not yet at least. What we need is Home integration, and we need it before you roll out all of these new products.

I pre-ordered the vacuum, doorbell and thermostat already with the hopes that home integration for existing products would be delivered by years end, but now I am concerned we are going to go through the same thing with each of these. I am now on the fence about cancelling these pre-orders and just going with a whole new ecosystem.

Its at the point where the value lost is becoming greater than the value saved.

5 Likes

I agree and am gearing up to leave wyze and go to Google the have cameras they have door bells that are all compatible we give the smaller company some play but you all are leaving us ass out feeling upsmart and decieved I pre-ordered the door bell I think I’m gonna cancel and go with the Google hello

3 Likes

I agree completely, I preordered the lock because they advertised it would work with Google, That was a lie, Then they told it was coming in the 3rd qtr, That was a lie. I have emailed them directly numerous times asking for an update, and all I get is, we are working on it and currently don’t have a estimated date it will happen. That is unacceptable. I worked as a software engineer for over 20 years. If this was had happened at an company I worked for, myself and my entire staff would have been looking for new jobs. Stop putting out new products until you deliver what you promised. I not only will not but another Wyze product until this situation is fixed I am advising everyone I know to stay away from Wyze until they show the that their customers concerns and satisfaction is more important then making a buck.

2 Likes