Linking Wyze Lock to Google Home/Assistant

Hi y’all,

I received my lock today and installed it. All seems to be working fine, except it’s not showing up in Google Home/Assistant menu. (I have an iPhone, but have a google nest Speaker and display). All of my cameras show up fine both in the Wyze app and in my Google Home app, but the lock isn’t showing up in Google Home (obviously I have Wyze linked to my Google Home account).

I’ve searched online, and can’t find any info about having to link the lock separately to Google Home, so am assuming it’s supposed to show up automatically once it’s in the Wyze app and I update/refresh the Google Home app, but no luck.

Am I missing something? I’d like to be able to unlock the door by voice when I’m home, and is a big part of the reason I bought the lock.

Thanks.

1 Like

@WyzeJonathan Is google integrated with the lock?

Google Home integration is in our long term plan. We don’t have a timetable for its release right now.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. That bites though … I had thought it was already integrated. But digging deeper into the information, I see that it says coming in 2020. I would have held off, but kinda late now. Lol

2 Likes

I have 3 Wyzecams(V2) and they have been added to my Google Home without any problem.
Recently I installed a Wyze Lock and tried to add it to my Google Home. The Google Home doesn’t recognize it at all. I unlinked and reconnected my Wyze account from Google Home several times, but it didn’t help. Every time, Google Home recognized only the cameras but didn’t see the Lock.
Does anybody have the same issue?

1 Like

The Wyze Lock cannot be added to Google Home at this time. Wyze is working on it but they haven’t given a firm date.

2 Likes

it works amazon alexa sort of

1 Like

Any updates on the Google assistant integration we need this functionality since not everybody uses Alexa?

2 Likes

Yes, please post an update so we at least know what is going on.

The integration with Googlehome is one of the main reasons I got this lock. Don’t let me regret my choice.