Lights on, cameras off, no WiFi-all at once-go!

At 6:30 all my lights turned on. I have 16 of them so it was quite annoying. Looking in the app, none of them were connected to WiFi (they all have been previously). Half of my cameras dropped connection too around this time. Super weird. Only fix was to reboot each device manually and my router. Anyone else had this odd phenomenon?

Yes I have had similar cases when there was a momentary power cut or even just a short brownout or spike.

1 Like

“16 of them” lights, or cams?

1 Like

16 bulbs, 10 cameras. They are not in a single group. It wasn’t a single group that was the culprit either. Some groups were partially affected while some were not at all.

Do you have any sensors or bridges? If so reset your bridge. Also blackouts or brownouts can do this as obviously your lights are all set to ON by default and you are giving the command to turn them off. So disconnects from your wifi network will allow them to turn ON

1 Like

It sounds like you had a power glitch. The bulbs will turn on if power is removed and restored, and the cameras will reboot, taking them offline temporarily.

1 Like