Light Bulbs not turning on using Alexa since update

My issue is extremely bizarre. We have color bulbs on each or our nightstands. They both were working fine. The one on my side does not respond at all via Alexa. My wife’s works perfectly fine
I thought maybe the bulb so I swapped it for another in the house and reset both, but still have the issue. I then thought maybe it was too close to the echo so I swapped bulbs with my wife’s color build but still no luck
I continue to get the Alexa voice error of:
“Hmm, I’m having trouble reaching null”

I also tried renaming the bulb but still no luck.

2 Likes

We have lots of Wyze products and love them. Lately they have stopped working with Alexa routines. Bulbs won’t turn on and plugs won’t turn off. I have disabled and renabled several times with no change.

Can anyone help or have similar issues any ideas?? This is what Alexa says as status. They work fine in Wyze app.

2 Likes

Same Here!!! I have 1 week with the same problem!

I have four Wyze Light Bulbs in a ceiling fan, used only for ‘event trigger notificaitons’, such as "When backyard slider is left open (wyze entry sensor) turn on 3 of those lights to yellow. (this occurs all within the Wyze Eco system) I then ask Alexa to turn off all lights in the house, and only one of the bulbs turns off, the other two stay on. (if I turn them off manually from the wyze app, they turn off.

Strange.

SJ

Best suggestion dont try to fix it… you will lose all of it… i have 5 bulbs in difetent parts but had the problem with only 2… so i whent to fix it by doing factory reset… updated firmw… and now not even 1 works

Same issue it’s annoying as hell because I control all my lights from my Alexa abd the fact that 5 of my lights won’t turn off now is bad. Can control 2 front lights, 1 office light, and 2 backyard lights And it’s only the wyze lights that are affected. Please fix this soon.

I just told Alexa to turn on all my lights… ONE of my Six Wyze Lights turned on… All my non Wyze Lights turned on. My two light strips turned on.

Guess I’ll go delete them, and re-add them in Alexa and hope for the best.

SJ

Same issues here for the past week or two. Color bulbs still (mostly) work from the wyze app but won’t work with alexa anymore.

I’ve tried pretty much everything I can think of, down to re-configuring my router/mesh network to make sure it’s using 2.4 as needed.

Heck it feels like I’ve had to reset at least one or two bulbs every single day lately. Very close to throwing the whole lot out and never touching another wyze product again

1 Like

Lol literally was able to use my 3 color bulbs in my office tonight… Just a few hours ago… Go to bed say Alex aturn off office… All 3 are null. What the hell is going in wyze…

1 Like

I have tonight been able to get all but 2 of my color bulbs working again with Alexa. Steps taken…

• Deleted lights from Alexa app.

• Disabled skill in Alexa app.

• Turned lights on with Wyze app.(first time the 2 failing bulbs were turned off)

• Enabled skill in Alexa app.

• Relinked Wyze to Alexa in Wyze app.

• Device / Light / Wyze / Discover in Alexa app.

All bulbs were discovered, however the two originally off in the Wyze app won’t function.

I’ve tried deleting the 2 rouge’s from the Wyze app, and rediscovered them, but still get the same server unresponsive issue.

Both rouge bulbs function fine in the Wyze app.

Hopefully this helps someone, having them on in the Wyze app seemed to help the Alexa app communicate and reconnect most of my bulbs.

Not good enough Team Wyze! Especially when home security is in your hands.

2 Likes

I figured out the issue with all 12 of my Color Bulbs thanks to the above post from AndyBate! It wasn’t actually his steps that fixed it for me, but while going through those steps, I noticed that the bulbs all had different colors and were all at 50% brightness. I set them all to 100% brightness (and turned them on), went to the Alexa app and they were all recognized. If I un-pair one and re-add at the default 50% brightness, it shows server unresponsive, but as soon as I go back to Wyze and change it to 100%, it is working in Alexa (no discovery required). Once it is working in Alexa, I can change brightness in either app without issue, but for some reason when pairing it to Alexa, it has to be at 100%.

Best of luck to the rest of you!

2 Likes

I just finished this proccess and still nothing… what do we need to do to get wyze atention???

You could also try disabling the skill from within Alexa app and then re-enable it from within Alexa app. That is the other thing that I did, instead of adding it from the Wyze app.

1 Like

Oooohhhh! I just did it again and it works!! They fixed it… im pretty sure this bug was because of the light group update!! Either way i wast ready to let my wyze lightbulbs go!! TY wyze!! LATERS!!

Please Wyze team. This is not fun. I spent time on the phone but never got an email back. Tried everything listed above. Help?

Hey Indoboy they fixed the issue just delete everithing from Alexa the bulbs, the comands and the skill… and then you will need to re install all of the bulbs from the wyze app ( delete them from the wyze app then turn the power on and off 4 times) first re install them from the wyze app and remeber to have them on %100 before starting the proccess with alexa. .then just re do verithing… i know its to much to do but I prefer this then to get up at midnight to turn off the kitchen light LOL

Rofl that’s not a fix that’s a complete deletion of everything. Also doesn’t fix the issues. Done it.

LOL i know its to much… but it works… did you do it today? I did it yesterday in a friend home (it worked) and the day before that in my home (it worked)… I think this bug had to do with the new feature they added when installing the bulbs… well thats the fix… wish you success!

Yeah… Spending a goodly number of hours diagnosing my relatively small network, I went through your procedure to the letter… TWICE. and even toggled a few mesh network options back to what they were when it all worked flawlessly. I’ve got plenty of computer and networking experience… So I’m reasonably optimistic it’s not an issue on my end unless its HW.

It’s just not worth it to me given the time I’ve had to put into this. And they ayill dont work.

I’ll wait for material and will never buy a wyze product again. Out of personal experience with how poorly wyze is responding to customers. And spite. A lot of that too

Hey oblog I just did it in my moms home… and i just deleted the bulbs and re install them and everithing worked… im pretty sure this has to do with the new window that apears when installing the bulbs on the wyze app… hope this helps