Lidar blocked notification on robot vacuum

Received new robot vacuum a week ago. Sent it out on its maiden voyage for mapping. After an hour of odd random mapping in no specific area sequence, it suddenly stopped and started telling me the Lidar was blocked. Can find nothing blocked and the Lidar is still spinning. Moved it to different areas, wiped it down, blew on it to remove any dust, turned on and off, etc etc etc, but no go. Still tells me the Lidar is blocked.

1 Like

You might need to open a support ticket on that trouble.
Live support is available: +1-206.339.9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

1 Like

I opened a ticket, but it’s been almost 96 hours with no reply yet. Should I just call the number?

1 Like

Yes, it’s usually faster.

1 Like

Good to create a log file from the Wyze app.
Post the log number to your Support Ticket and post both numbers here. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve had the same problem a couple of times. Use compressed air to clean it out, but that didn’t help. I had to manually spin the lidar a little to get it working again.

1 Like

The 2nd vac I got as a gift for my in-laws is doing the same thing after it’s maiden voyage. The one I have at home has been working fine. Will have to bring it home with me and call Wyze. I may blow compressed air and see what happens.

1 Like

Hope you have better luck than me, took me 13 days to get a response.

No change using compressed air. Created a ticket and sent a log.

1 Like

I wasn’t getting a response via email and voiced that concern on this community string. I ended up receiving a response from one of the Wyze experts who provided a phone number ( I hadn’t been able to locate a phone number on the Wyze website- though it clearly indicated they take calls in the order received). In any regard, I called the number and my call was taken within 5 minutes. I spoke with a very polite and helpful Wyze Representative, who arranged for a new unit to be sent to me - though, it may be a while to get it.

2 Likes

Today is Martin Luther King Holiday. Not sure if taking calls.
Live support is available: +1-206.339.9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

1 Like

They were working and after doing some PD we were unable to clear error. I am going to exchange it. If you want to do a factory reset, hold the home button 10 sec until she speaks “Factory reset”.

1 Like

Where do you access it?

The Home button is the one that is on top of the vacuum and has a picture of a house and is next to power button.

Mine gives me the sensor blocked message, and the vacuum motor comes on, but the wheels won’t go. The little twirly in the front doesn’t do anything either. Does anyone know what I can physically do to possibly get the thing moving again without breaking it?

Edit: I called in to troubleshoot, and they’re sending me a replacement. It’s really great, because I really do like the vacuum itself.

Best to call in and discuss. I’ve found the phone support staff to be friendly and helpful. They can discuss technical options with you as well as arrange for warranty replacement, if applicable.

Thanks, will do!

Having the same issue. I can clear the error by sticking my finger in the hole and turning the lidar sensor a bit to get it spinning again but it still happens intermittently- web chat support wanted to go down the factory reset road which seems silly - seems to be a physical issue not software - hoping to find a maintenance answer here for cleaning/lubricating the sensor perhaps to keep it in good shape.

I am am getting the lidar sensor is blocked error as well. My lidar spins but still states lidar is blocked. My robot vaccum is practically brand new. Contacted support and they are going to provide a replacement but disappointed that it broke so soon. I don’t know how long this product will last.

They replaced mine back at the time I originally initiated my post. Since that time, the new unit has been fine.