Lesson learned -don’t rely on Wyze outlets for holiday decorations

They cannot keep connection snd there is no way to default to on. So my lights and decorations have been embarrassingly unreliable, I had to go BUY older style timers . What a waste of time and money, but this is becoming a huge pattern with this company. Cam plus does not work period. The watch gave me a rash and so did the replacement, Fool me once…. Everything from Wyze i have bought (no small sum) has let me down .
Do yourself a favor and don’t use it.

1 Like

Can you show us a screen capture of the number of bars the outlet sees?

1 Like

Welcome to the forums!

In addition to @johnsmith s questions, Can you explain where the plug is in relation to your wifi source? What is in-between the plug and the wifi source, walls, house contents, type of construction, etc. What kind of wifi setup do you have? If you use the plug indoors alot closer to the wifi source, does it work more reliably? Exterior walls are a great source of signal disruption.

1 Like

I either as a historic buildings facilities manager and systems administrator for the local non profit county museum. My home wifi used a Ubiquiti Dream Machine, 3 In Wall HD access points, 1 outdoor mesh pro, a standard outdoor mesh, and a single access point lite 2nd wave - all on a managed network. The wireless network is a mixed wpa2 system primarily created for IOT as all users phones abs tablets etc all used a 5hz only network.
Suffice to say, there is full coverage abs reception at virtually every corner of our property

1 Like

The construction of the house is exceptionally robust, which is why I have so many access points. It’s a circa 1906 prototype suburban house made out of oak 2x4s 12” on center, with 6x8x25-36’ oak beams, plus oak floors on 1st, abs 2nd, with ground being concrete or terra cotta tile. Internal walls are lathe abs plaster with exterior walls also being lathe and plaster, a double farraday cage. Wifi is run outside via catagory 7 stp to the outdoor Mesh Pro which is attached to a tree 25 feet above ground abs a good 10’ above the upper floor .

1 Like

Thanks for all the info! My one Ubiquity access point just picked it’s jaw up off the floor, actually it’s stuck to the floor currently. I have actually seen where systems have been “too good”, which was causing errors. Can you tell which AP the plug is connected to? It may be connecting to a farther away AP that it doesn’t get very good signal from. From my experience seeing different issues in the forum here, I think this issue may stem from the plug (bulbs too) not being able to handle the simulcast from all the different transmitting APs/nodes.

Darn those faraday cages! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s one reason my Heimlink camera delivers such a crappy stream. It keeps reattaching to the more distant AP from which it was originally configured.

2 Likes