LED Smart Night Light with Plug

LED Smart Night Light with independent controlled plug. Add a dimmable led night light to the existing smart plug or design a new product. Could be a double plug, each independently controlled with an led night light that surrounds the plugs or an led front face.

Why not plug a dumb nightlight into a Wyze Plug?

That would be better than not having anything. I imagine an integrated night light would be shallower and be dimmable. I think all the other things I would do, dusk to dawn, and motion detection would be achievable via the plug. Except I would trigger the motion to brighten the night light during the night. Thanks for the idea, i may have to try it out on a few.

There are tons of nightlights that are photosensitive and/or motion-sensing. I’ve got one in my bathroom. I’m not sure about dimmable, since nightlights are already dim, basically by definition. Most aren’t “smart” in the sense that they’re connected to the internet, but I’m not sure how necessary that is for a nightlight, really. I certainly don’t care about activating my nightlight when I’m away from home, or tying it into any smart routines. Basically, if it’s dark and (maybe) if there’s motion, it should come on. If not, it should just sit there. Internet connectivity isn’t really required for that.

But this product exists and it sounds like maybe it does what you want. :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.com/2-Pack-JACKYLED-Compatible-Anywhere-Adjustable-Brightness/dp/B07DCR1FVK

Beefing up the current Wyze Plug or making a different version but with a Nightlight and Motion Sense functionality. I thought about asking for just a nightlight but why waste the tech and the outlet when you can have all three!

All the current features of the Wyze Plug but add Full Color choice Leds (Ideally 3 all floor facing at different angles to spread out light. This could either be controlled by Dusk to Dawn settings, and/or Motion Sense.
It would be ideal if all could be triggered in the event of Fire or CO alarms with corresponding colors RED for Fire maybe BLUE or GREEN for CO to illuminate pathways.

As fas as the motion sense it could trigger the nightlight or other events (Intruder, sleep walkers, etc)

I have a request in for getting rid of the gateway in locks and going straight WIFI but if that’s not an option it might be worth considering using Zigbee in the plugs to multiuse them as well rather than losing an outlet with the bridge.