I am running Android 4.4 so got the same message from the Google Play store saying it wasn’t compatible with my device (tablet) so I couldn’t even download it. I went to an app site and downloaded it but when I tried to install it I get an error window that says “There is a problem parsing the package”.
It didn’t affect the working version I have now 1.3.162 which was the version right before this one, most likely because it never even installed. I am guessing it checks to see what version Android you have and if it isn’t 5 or above it bails on the installation.
You aren’t missing that much with version 1.44.33 which I have on my phone. Here are the changes.
- Added "Restart Device" in the camera setting page.
- Moved the "Sort" button to the top right of device list.
- Clicking on notification goes directly to the alert video.
- Added a prompt when receiving camera share.
- Allow sending firmware log via app.
- Added IP address to device info page.
- Added WYZE newsletter subscription under Account page.
- Add a "Turn off" camera icon in the "More" page.
- UI changes & bug fixes. (Changed the picture from a Wyze Cam to a Wyze Cam Pan in the Add Devices page for Wyze Cam Pan).
Being able to turn the camera on and off from the app is the biggest one which appeared in the latest version.