Latest Firmware Bug on Wyzecam v1

Dear Wyze support and Wyze community,
Ever since the latest firmware update on my Wyzecam v1 (notice not v2 and I have both types), my v1 cam has had seizure moments during night cam. In the night cam mode (auto differentiating dark and light), it would constantly flash in and out as if it is adjusting it sensors every 5 minutes to ensure it is seeing clearly. This only happens during night cam mode and not when it is turned off. Due to this, every 5-10 minutes, due to the change in sensor adjustment, it would generate a notification as if there is motion detection. But this is false motion detection. I wish to ask Wyze team to investigate this and solve this ASAP as this is causing a lot of false positive motion detection (not to mention it is causing errors in the nigh cam mode sensor tuning or adjustment). Thank you!

PS: My v1 cam has been working perfectly till now, which is why I think the problem is due to the latest firmware. This issue happened as soon as the latest firmware is released.

1 Like

Hi @smkwei, the forum is a really good place to ask the community a question. However, if you really need Wyze support to respond, you should submit a support ticket either through the app, or on the support page.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you file a support request including the log files for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them know that it’s already resolved.

2 Likes

Thanks yes I already opened ticket but want to see if others have similar issues to crowdsource the issue for Wyze first.

1 Like

Could you please post the ticket number then? Thank you! :smiley:

My ticket number is 29930.

@UserCustomerGwen

Is there a number missing from this? I’m not seeing anything similar to your report coming up with a search for it.

Sorry for the trouble! As a quick check, could you try factory resetting your Wyze Cam to see if that helps?

Sorry my ticket number is actually Wyze Ticket 190260. I have done lots of reset including power cycle, and reset thru app. What is factory resetting?

Thank you! I’ll take over this one. :slight_smile:

For a factory reset, hold down the SETUP button for about 10 seconds and then do the setup process again.

OK I will try this again tonight. I hope this gets fixed by that. Thank you! I will keep you posted.
Sincerely,

Sam

1 Like

Sounds good! I look forward to hearing how it goes. Hopefully this will fix it but if it doesn’t, please send in a log through the Help & Feedback section of My Account in the Wyze app. :slight_smile:

I am trying to send the log file, but the email brought up has Send button grayed out. Do you know why this is happening? I am on iOS.
sincerely,

Sam

OK I sent using Subject 190260, which is the old ticket number. Thank you!
Sincerely,

Sam

PS: Your app requires that iOS have default mail app installed.

This issue is resolved after factory resetting the camera.
Sincerely,

Sam

1 Like

Sorry this is not resolved yet I have sent in additional logs after factory reset.

New log info and issue detail in ticket 191047. Thank you!

Wyze, can you please take a look at this issue ASAP? It is really getting annoying as the duration of the alert is now random. After factory reset, it looks like the duration is prolonged to potentially every 30 minutes, but now it is getting back down to 5-7 minutes. The on and off issue of this type is reminiscent of the recent WiFi access issue. And it seems to be an issue introduced by recent firmware. Please kindly take a look at the log files I uploaded to see what is wrong. This is mainly happening to v1 cameras when being used in auto light/dark mode.

PS: My other cams are not in auto light/dark mode, which is why I don’t see any issue with them. I believe this issue would affect most v1 (and maybe even v2) cameras operating in auto light/dark mode. It is hard to see this issue because the notifications would be blended into the usual notifications. But if you look closely, you will see there is no reason for motion detection in the first place except for the camera’s detection and resolution change.

Did you file a support request as described by @DreadPirateRush above? Wyze Support does not monitor this forum. Wyze employees are only on here periodically. Filing a support request is how you get official help.

1 Like

I’ll send this over to the team now. Thanks for letting me know that the issue still isn’t resolved!

@Loki, we do have logs in our support center from smkwei. :slight_smile:

1 Like