Latest changes removed ability to know which clips have been v iewed

your most recent update in how camera clips are viewed has removed the bolding of the title c lip that changes to regular text once you access the clip. This was very useful as a viewer can tell by looking at the list of clips which clips have been viewed. I see no way that I can tell what clips I have looked at and which are yet to be viewed. I lgo back to view the clips on occasion and I no longer have any way of knowing which clips have been viewed.

Actually there is still an indicator but not a great one.
Look closely, the background of the viewed clip location in the list changes from white to very light gray.

2 Likes

Yeah, and I’m thinking this should be a requested fix or wishlist item or something. This trend of “light pastel on lighter pastel” is a real misery! Do the designers think people never go out in the sun with their phones??

I assume the developers are all 14 and work in their Mom’s basement.
I don’t know how many times we can tell them the same thing. It’s not sinking in.

2 Likes

Thank You. OK That works indoors, but I agree that may not be a good solution if you are out in the Sun.

1 Like

I prefer when it was bolded and unbolded too… I forget sometimes if white means viewed or unviewed. Has anyone reported this? I know it’s a design change but I think we should let them know.

I’m fairly sure it was brought up in the v2.11 beta thread.

2 Likes

Is there a best way to do this other than tagging @UserCustomerGwen ?

It doesn’t seem to be worth a support ticket, but it is a major usability issue for many pre-Millennials who have money and want easy to use smart homes. Think ADA, etc… :wink:

Hopefully a version 3 app with optional dark mode will be one part of The Grand Announcement :grinning:

( heck, even this forum has a dark mode! )

1 Like

Tagging Gwendolyn is actually the easiest way. I’m sending this feedback to the team. Thanks for bringing me in!

2 Likes