Late Push Notifications

Forgive me if this has been addressed before.

My push notifications aren’t always immediate. When either cam detects motion or sound, I’d like an instant sound for notification. Sometimes it’s five minutes later. Is this my wi-fi, cam, or phone?

My charge could be down the street by the time I’m notified: that’s not good. :slight_smile:
Cathie Simmons

There could be several reasons. I just tested one of mine and got the alert in about 3 seconds.

One thing that might be causing what you’re seeing is that there is a 5 minute cool down period between motion events. This is what allows Wyze to provide the cloud storage for free. So if there was an event triggered, you will not get another until 5 minutes have elapsed. That may be why you see up to 5 minutes between notifications.

If that’s not it, then I’d suggest you see below and file a support request:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019707412-Not-receiving-push-notifications

That explains a lot. :slight_smile: And sometimes if there’s been a lot of motion, I’ll get eight or nine in a row. Sigh. Guess that’s just how it works, no worries. Is a bigger problem with my entry hall cam: if it waits five minutes, my charge is out the door and in the yard. :frowning: BTW, it’s not a Wyze cam.

Cathie