Larger event thumbnails

I don’t use android. I use Apple products so how can I get back to large thumbnails? I have frequently recommended Wyze cameras but I am putting that on hold pending what happens with the events thumbnails.

Most methods I have seen require that you have the old .IPA file of the the app already backed up (synched) to your computer using iTunes, or Time Machine, etc

This thread discusses the matter - please read all of it before drawing any conclusions

Possible methods

https://www.imobie.com/support/downgrade-an-app-on-iphone.htm

Short answer, no, you can’t. Apple does not let you revert. Long answer, wait for Wyze to fix it. Longer answer, see above about backups or find the Apple proponent who was touting the .IPA route (not talking about sodcam) but disappeared when we asked him where all the independent .IPA stores were.

1 Like

Sounds like Wyze is going to fix the problem and that will be great. I did think Apple was going to allow a reversion. I like the cameras and when you get this back to the larger event thumbnails I will buy at least 1 more and start promoting them again.

LOL! Yes, this is probably my biggest complaint about iDevices - it is such a battle to hang on to, or revert to old apps or iOS versions that do what the newer ones won’t. :angry:

I understand Apple’s philosophy - and its advantages - but unless you’re prepared for it before hand, and do it frequently enough to know the steps, it’s generally not worth the hassle to recover an older app version.

1 Like

Just to be clear, I’ve seen no indication Wyze intends to increase the size again. If you’re stuck on iOS you may just be out of luck. I was using the term “fix” loosely. This is their intended size now.

You had a good product but now it a very poor excuse for one. I can no longer recommend it to others. Your company’s decision to down grade your service is poor customer consideration of satisfactory service.

How may I revert to an older version to my webcam?

If you mean to increase the thumbnails, that’s a feature on the app, not the camera itself. If you are using Android you can easily find old versions of the Wyze app at places like APKMirrror and APKPure and “sideload” them. There are plenty of good guides on the web. (But if you use iPhones you’re hosed.)

What feature in the app your talking about would increase the thumbnails. I’m not asking about quantity, it’s the size. I have not seen any app feature that will increase the size of the thumbnails listed in the Recent Events. They used to be about 2" x 1" and now are 1" x 1/2".

I have an iPad Pro, 10.5" which has the latest iOS. How do I find and install an older Wyze app that will return the Recent Even thumbnail to the larger size?

Wyze improved the app, that’s why the event thumbnails are smaller.

/sarcasm off

I sometimes use Zoom in iOS, not ideal and a PITA but it can help.

1 Like

I think you’re both talking about the same thing. Everyone in this thread seems to want the old style larger thumbnails back and, for now, the only way to achieve that is to roll back to an earlier version of the Wyze app.

As @Customer says above, it’s a real challenge on iDevices unless you’re good about backing up your iPad locally, and still have a backup that has the old version of the Wyze app in it. Then you should be able to delete the new version and restore the old version from your local backup. More info below.

1 Like

What he said. :slight_smile:

How about if Wyze would just make the old app available so we could download it.

1 Like

They could, but APKMirror and APKPure and others already do. Android users can download pretty safely from there (and either way you’d have to allow the same sideloading). And as noted there’s little hope for Apple users without backups.

So you’re telling us that Apple users just aren’t important enough for you to fix a problem you created?

He’s not saying that at all.

First off,@Customer is not a Wyze employee any more that you or I are. Most everyone here is just a regular customer, all trying to help each other out by sharing experiences and know how. The only official Wyze people will have handles that look like this @Wyze(name)

Secondly, like many of us, I believe @Customer uses both iOS and Android devices and none of us are especially happy about this situation. Both operating systems have unique strengths and weaknesses, and the inability to easily roll back app versions is one of Apple’s. If you live near an open Apple store, they may have a better answer for you. Or an Apple support group.

And if you discover an easy way to do this without having prior backups or jailbreaking, please let all of us here know! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thirdly, unfortunately many new app versions (from many companies) bring new bugs and design choices that irritate a number of people. And generally this is tougher on iDevice users since there’s no quick fix while waiting for the next update to hopefully resolve things. About all I can recommend is to always back up your current iDevice apps before updating them.

You can also vote at the top of this topic to encourage Wyze to change their design decision.

And hopefully @UserCustomerGwen will drop in on this thread and let the Wyze developers know that the issue is starting to simmer…

4 Likes

This @sodcam guy should run for office, he’s so diplomatic.

2 Likes

I’d vote for sodcam.

I spoke with the team about this (thanks for the tag!) and it’s going to be discussed tonight. No promises but I shared this link with the team so they could see your feedback directly. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen Thanks Gwen. fwiw, here’s what they look like on my iPad (I left the att. screenshot rotated 90° to show the devs what the screen(s) look like while in landscape)

2 Likes