Landscape View For Tablets

I would like them offer 2,4,8 and 16 pane options. On each pane is x or +. You hit that and manually select what camera you want in that position. That’s how my old cctv app is setup. I really like the options it allows. But if I do the preset option it puts number one beside the number two like you want. Not under.

For disabled people, people with arthritis and people with poor eyesight landscape mode is essential. I am almost 99% in landscape mode on my iPad. The only time it’s not is if the app doesn’t support it. And if the app doesn’t support it I contact them and request it. And a lot of times I end up not using that app.

1 Like

Just bought the Wyze cam a month or two ago. If I knew landscape mode on an ipad wasn’t supported- I wouldn’t have bought it. Its standard in most cam settings. I’m very surprised. I won’t be buying any more. Will check out other cams instead.

Wyze team- FIX THIS. You are losing more customers.

3 Likes

Landscape mode is supported. Click on the little box in the top right hand corner and it will flip it for you. It doesn’t automatically flip like some other apps do

I’m wrong you can hit that square box and it will flip it. But it will automatically flip to if you just turn from vertical to horizontal it will flip it even if you have them in group mode.

1 Like

I tried doing a screenshot video to show you but it said it was too large. I can DM it to you if you want me too

1 Like

Oh great! Thanks - that worked!

1 Like

Whoa, let’s slow down a bit. You are correct in that the full-screen Live stream of a single camera can be displayed in Landscape view on an iPad. Although not automatic, I do it every day. What’s not supported, and never has been, is Landscape mode throughout the entire app - initial screen, menus, etc. In other words, I must rotate my iPad (or my head) 90° just to see the initial screen showing camera thumbnails. This is what’s missing - the APP itself doesn’t support Landscape.

6 Likes

You are correct. And I wish it was all available in landscape mode also. But this individual was really only concerned with the cameras. And that is available currently. And if you’re in the vertical mode all you have to do is turn your iPad and it will put cameras into the landscape mode. But cameras only you are correct.

1 Like

Wyze has been hiring new app designers. Hopefully that will help us see some movement on this issue:

5 Likes

I must be a glutton for punishment. This is still not here and I just ordered 4 more cameras. :frowning:

2 Likes

It would be great if the Wyze app on my iPad would open in landscape mode.

8 Likes

Long time Wyze customer here, probably one of the very first. I was asking about Landscape mode back in early 2018. :thinking:

4 Likes

Yeah, this is an old request… Any hope that we will see a full landscape mode?

1 Like

Hello @oneilldm and welcome to the community.

According to the tag at the top it is in ‘researching’, so there is some hope for it.

5 Likes

It is planned! We just haven’t started the actual development for it yet. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The iOS app should support landscape mode for iPads.

I use my iPad with a keyboard and it’s a real pain having to detach the keyboard to rotate the iPad into portrait position to use the app.

6 Likes

I would think this should actually be a issue fix. It was requested for another app I beta test and in months they had it done.

2 Likes

Samsung and Apple are the top two mobile builders right now… Supporting both platforms seems like great business sense.

1 Like

I’ve resisted setting up cameras and streaming video up until now. I thought I researched pretty well and came to the conclusion that the WYZE cams were a good product at a good price. I do like the product a lot, and I love the idea of a small growing company, but I hate the app. What’s interesting is that WYZE Support directed me to this “wishlist” for landscape support. Since no one on this forum is requesting a feature that has never been developed I’m perplexed by the delay. The feature has been “planned” since Nov 2018! Contract the work out already. I’m curious how many new products WYZE launched since Nov 2018? This speaks volumes about how the company address the needs of it current customers who have already put time and money into their products! Like so many others have commented, this feature is a deal breaker for me. Come on WYZE throw a collage intern some cash and have them figure this out. Your customers would really appreciate it! Hopefully this story makes your next sprint!

5 Likes