Landscape View For Tablets

The Wyze app is in the minority in not supporting landscape mode on iPad for most operations. Any thoughts on fully supporting landscape?

This tag on this topic recently changed to “researching”. That means they are getting closer to starting implementation of this. That’s good news.

3 Likes

I agree with everyone how much this “landscape” mode support is needed, not only on iPad/iOS platform, but also on Android not only because Android have tablets too, but also because I think this is also a key to implementing the app on Android TV. If the chance of PC or Web application are low or still far, I think Android TV is the least best option to get a good view and monitoring of multiple camera.

Yes this is true of air play mirror for iOS as well. Though at least the actual video playback is in landscape mode when viewing one camera full screen. But being able to see all live views of all cameras in landscape would be ideal.

Of course its the same thing when you cast your camera via Google Assistant because the video format is actually landscape. But I didn’t mean mirroring/casting the camera video, because Android TV is actually Android OS designed for, well TV, unfortunately even you can install Wyze app on Android phones and tablet, when it comes to Android TV it still not possible and I think this is one of the reason, because Wyze app user interface doesn’t support landscape mode all though out, yes some part such as viewing the video full screen do landscape, but on TV you need the app to be all the time on landscape mode.

iPads also have screen share and swipe over. Being able to quickly glance at a camera while doing other work would be beneficial.

1 Like

Great news, Every time I show people how great the cameras are, I open the app and then am embarrassed. They do keep ordering though. My boss just got 6 cameras.

4 Likes

Yes I have the same view when I’m using my Smart Keyboard in landscape view lol. I’ve also been having some connectivity issues with the bulbs. My router would drop the 2.4 ghz network for some reason so I connected all Wyze bulbs to my WiFi extender in the garage, seems to work better now but I did have some hiccups where it lost connection but it may sort out over time. I also have tplink bulbs when those are the only ones connected to my main router it seems to work fine.

This is something that we are planning to implement now so you won’t have to be embarrassed forever! Working on getting the timing sorted out for it but we’ll get there. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My Kasa app goes landscape on my iPad. Not embarrassed at all or having to turn my head sideways.

30 Day check-in since WyzeGwendolyn announced this feature request is being actively researched. Anything on the roadmap yet? For those of us that have iPads with keyboards mounted this is SUCH a need for the app. I hope you guys can pull this through!

1 Like

If this topic is moved to the #roadmap, and the tag changes to “in-development”, then it will be closer to public release. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It hasn’t moved to development yet but it is something we’re looking forward to. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As an early access fan person who has bought absolutely everything you’ve ever made, can we please get landscape orientation for the iPad?

8 Likes

Seconded. Motion passed. Make it so!! :rofl:

Same here! Landscape friendly on android setup while using wyze app on bluestacks on pc would be awesome!!

This is something that we’re planning to do and looking into timing and implementation for. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Something like this would be great

1 Like

Thanks tor including the picture, which pretty well sums up the problem. @WyzeGwendolyn can you please share with those who are prioritizing workload? Thanks. :wink:

3 Likes

Will do! :slight_smile:

2 Likes