Landscape View For Tablets

**894 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant “Wyze for iPad App”

Hopefully the lack of any recent Wyze employees interacting with it’s customer’s in this forum means they are all busy on the “Wyze for iPad” App that is going to allow an iPad to to use the Wyze app in a normal way in Landscape mode.

But, if that is not the case, perhaps Wyze developers are not actually using iPads with the Wyze App in it’s current state? Because if they were using an iPad in Landscape mode with the Wyze App, I think I would not be counting up the days here of 894 days and counting. This issue would of been resolved by now.

But, then I digress… The management that I have worked for in the past, fails to listen to those ‘closest to the customer” and make decisions that make ZERO sense…. Perhaps that is the case here… the developers want to make this happen because they are tired of using an iPad in this manner with software that doesn’t do Landsape so well……

So, Wyze … please step up to the podium…er…… the this forum, and let us know where you are with this project.

I’m here to test away if you’d like me to assist with feedback on any app that is already in the works. I use my iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen everyday, all day…. I’m here for you…….

Are you here for us?

SJ

4 Likes

Even worse, show it displaying the initial (Home) screen, or any of the “menu” screens.

1 Like

Correct. We need app-wide landscape mode …

2 Likes

Keep in mind Wyze HQ is in Seattle, need I say more?

1 Like

Yes, I hope Wyze is going to have the iPad work entirely in Landscape mode.

If I have to turn my head, or turn my iPad for Portrait Mode, then the Wyze for iPad app is a FAIL.

SJ

2 Likes

You do realize this topic is for all tablets not just iPads

1 Like

Actually, I did not, and thank you for pointing that out.

Not being a user of an android tablet, I was focused on my iPad.

I’m going to assume that these are two different beast when it comes to programing the App.

@LAS4eva I assume you own an Android based App, and are experiencing the same pain in Landscape mode as iPad users are experiencing?

@UserCustomerGwen, with this being a wishlist, perhaps we need to separate this into two separate wishlist, one for iPads, one for Android Devices?

894 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for iPad App

SJ

I actually own both and the problem is the same annoying.
It was said way back when that the 2 operating systems would be addressed at or near the same time.

1 Like

Let’s riot, it’s time.

2 Likes

adding request to have WYZE APP work better on an iPad-- please add landscape mode for iPad users. as an option, of course.

2 Likes

Make sure to vote at the top of the thread

895 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for iPad App

895 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for Android Tablet App

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here…

SJ

3 Likes

I Considered a Cam Plus subscription today… I was almost ok with the $19.99 per camera, per month based on a years subscription:
$19.99 per month x 8 WOCs… = $159.92
+
$19.99 per month x 2 V3s = $39.98
+
$19.99 per for my Wyze Doorbell = $19.99

for a grand total of 11 devices = $219.89 per year for Camplus for 11 Wyze Cams…

And then I got here and couldn’t bring myself to pay for something that would be unusable on my iPad

(I won’t go into my concern about $219 per year on this post)

SJ

4 Likes

Unacceptable. I was going to buy the V3 and get the Cam Plus subscription for all my cameras (would have been a total of 8 cameras). $160 per year for a system that doesn’t do landscape view? Time to move to a different system. Will be unboxing my Eufy 2k cam this week. Will see if it does landscape view.

2 Likes

done. surprising that this has been a request for so long and nothing seems to be done.

2 Likes

I checked out the Eufy site just now…I do see some Battery Operated Cams, but they look like they work best mounted on a building. I’m using my WOCs around my house on the ground to capture video of wildlife.

I did see a feature I liked at the Eufy site that I don’t think Wyze has available, and that’s viewing footage on an Apple Watch :

SJ

Sitting here this weekend using my iPad to check out my multiple WYZE Cams on my iPad Pro with the attached logitech keyboard in Landscape Mode… and still frustrated that I have to turn it to portrait each time I want to work with the settings of any of the cameras…

Still dreaming of a day …some day… month… year… that the Wyze App is a true iPad and Android App that works natively, properly in LANDSCAPE mode.

But you all were aware of that shortcoming…

I think I’ll use this forum to vent my frustration every time I want to YELL at someone at WYZE for this paltry little shortcoming.

926 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for iPad App

926 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for Android Tablet App

Have a nice day,
SJ

5 Likes

Everyone seems to think Wyze cares about user experience. They don’t. Their tech doesn’t even calm us down any more. They want to sell hardware and web services. Software is a cost center. Patch bugs. Make something else to sell.

2 Likes

Time to move to another product.