Landscape View For Tablets

Can a button be added to the app that lets you keep landscape view as the default setting upon startup and background? I use my ipad in landscape ALL the time and when i open or go to the Home screen to choos a camera i always have to grab the top and move it to portrait then top landscape again to fill the screen or whatever, man. It sucks. I hate it. Thank you in advance for your consideration of this matter.

1 Like

Welcome Dominic. I’ll catch you up:
Wyze does not have landscape mode for their app. We, the group, have surmised that they do not plan on adding it. They, the Wyze team, are busy making vacuums, sprinklers and doorbells. Even the tech that used to stop by here to placate us with random statements doesn’t show up anymore. I believe it was Gwendolyn? Anyway, enjoy your visit.

2 Likes

I haven’t been here long enough to get the ‘latest’ ‘random statement’ from Gwendolyn or anyone else from Wyze…

… so Gwendolyn, can we get a current status of this GLARING issue where the WYZE App is not optimized for an iPad in Landscape mode?..

asking for … a few new frustrated landscape using iPad friends…

I’ll… hangup and take your answer offline…

SJ

2 Likes

I have an idea … we all chip in $1, we purchase the best iPad Pro(s) money can buy, gift them all to Wyze senior management … and after they start using the app, simply wait for our update. We could even throw in a few magic keyboards to further convince them.

2 Likes

Goodness. Search past posts for landscape. Done? Now you can cry with the rest of us. Oh yeah. Welcome

Perhaps the more we discuss this Glaring issue that we are experiencing where we can’t, for example use an iPad Pro 12.9" with a Slim Folio Pro Keyboard.

Perhaps a real world example picture of the WYZE running an our devices with keyboard, etc, showing how useless the app is in Portrait mode would help the cause?..

SJ

3 Likes

This wish list item needs more votes.

Tell your friends

I’m going to start a new wish item for that WYZE percussion massager now. :grin:

Ex-freakin’-zactly!!!

WyzeGwenDolyn,
Can I get an update on this issue? Or perhaps Wyze’s definition of “… but landscape view will happen…” ?

Your message was posted 892 days ago… which is 2 Years, 5 Months and 10 days ago.

Thank you for your time,
I look forward to your reply.

SJ

3 Likes

I sent a sideways msg to a few senior mgmt in linked in.
But got no response.

@WyzeMark I see many other products rolling out, and I assume those are taking the resources that are needed to implement Native iPad Landscape Support? I’ve read where Apple will/is making iPhones that will support Landscape mode as well.

Will Wyze EVER dedicate the resources to take care of this glaring mistake of not building a native iPad app that supports Landscape mode in the first place?

Or should we take our dollars elsewhere if Wyze will, as it appears, never dedicate any resources to taking care of this issue?

Respectfully,
SJ

3 Likes

I’m late to the party requesting landscape mode but apparently so is Wyze.

1 Like

Got my Eufy 2K camera. Will see if it supports landscape mode.

I’m running beta iOS software ( I’ve been a beta tester since beta testing was first opened for Apple) on my 1st Gen iPad Pro 12.9 and running beta software from wyze. I’ve just this week gotten new beta updates from wyze for the app itself along with all of my V3’s and my new HMS that arrived last week. The only issue I had was the widget not working which was fixed within a day or two. Now with all that said, I do have instances as long as the app is open in the background, when I touch a camera name on the wyze widget while my iPad is in landscape mode the app will open in landscape mode and show me the camera I touched on. Not just a full screen view of the camera but the small view with the settings options and whatnot. This has only started happening since these latest beta updates, and it’s only happened a handful of times. When it does happen there’s no hiccups or crashes, it works perfectly fine and normal like you would expect. However I point out again that this has only happened a handful of times since the latest beta updates this week. I’m betting it’s either something that IS being worked on by wyze, or it might have something to do with my beta iOS software. Either way I’m excited to see it when it works consistently. I use my app on my iPad countless times a day, wether I’m looking at just one camera or a group of them together like a security monitor, for me my iPad is more of a priority to work on than my phone. So for me I’d rather see the iPad app and widget get more priority than the iPhone. But maybe that’s me. Anyways I’m saying all this so that everyone knows that it really is being worked on and is coming. This is the pot calling the kettle black, but have patience.

I think 892 days is way past due and patience is no longer something that can be asked for…

3 Likes

A picture is worth 1000 words they say and that picture is worth 1,000,000,000 words… We, “the people” thank you

We have always been able to view the cameras in landscape mode on iPhone and iPads… The issue is using the Wyze application in landscape mode

2 Likes

Sure, it is possible to make video video show landscape. But it is a tedious process. All I have ever wished for is a button to show a group of cameras in landscape mode. No luck.

Steve

The App simply needs to be a Native iPad App. In doing so, and correct me if I’m wrong, the app would rotate properly. I would be able to be in Landscape mode, and the App itself would rotate accordingly. Not like it does now, as is shown in my current picture.

No need for a button if it’s a compliant iPad app.

893 Days and counting…

SJ

The Wyze App, on iOS has a Widget available on the iPad? ( I looked for a Widget on my current iOS side bar, and no widget is available there) Or when you refer to ‘widget’ you are referring to the Wyze App’s home screen listing the cameras, and nothing to do with the iOS widgets?

I did find widgets on my iPhone that I was not aware were available… I’ll have to check those out to see how well those do, or do not work.

I have my iPad in hand throughout my workday, and when I get an alert, I want to be tap and see what the camera alerted on… WITHOUT having to turn my head, or my iPad sideways…

Is the iPhone app having issues as well? I wasn’t aware of any issues there, perhaps I’m not using it as much as I use my iPad’s wyze app, so I’m not aware of the Wyze iPhone app issues.

893 Days and counting…

SJ