Landscape View For Tablets

I too would like landscape support. Do you have an ETA on the update?

3 Likes

If this topic gets moved to #roadmap, and the tag changes to “in-development”, then you know Wyze is working on it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No, I’m sorry. But I know it’s on the list.

1 Like

The application, not the camera displays, should properly respect the physical orientation of the device. These are orientations such as inverted portrait or landscape. Presently this does not happen, most applications on iPad and Android devices do this, why is it that such aa simple thing is NOT done for your applications?

2 Likes

Maybe you can add the Wyze app to Fire tablets too?

1 Like

Do you realize this it is relatively simple to add Google Play Store to many of the Fire Tablets, and then add the Wyze app?
It’s not supported but many of us do it, including some Forum mavens.
And if you want it “native” you might want to hop over to this Wishlist topic and vote:

3 Likes

OK thanks

Thanks for the tip, works great and nice way to get landscape on my Galaxy tablet!

I installed and opened the Wyze app on my iPad for the first time and was shocked, I thought I was transported five years into the past when most all apps opened on the iPad sideways (locked in portrait mode) surely I had an old version of the app. Deleted it and re-downloaded/installed; same results. That brought me here and then reading virtually the same response from Wyze every few months for the past year. This obviously will not be happening any time soon. Beyond disappointed.

3 Likes

Agree. Am really hoping that we eventually get landscape mode. Of the 75+ apps installed on my iPad, Wyze and Wemo are the only two that don’t support it. Must have something to do with the letter “W”.

1 Like

Can we make this not only for tablet but also for Android TV and even on mobile that you can mirror on TV? I think it’s more convenient and more camera can be viewed simultaneously when laid out on landscape mode.

1 Like

I would also recommend checking out this Wishlist topic. You can VOTE for it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When I am in landscape mode on my tablet the wyze android app doesn’t respect the screen orientation until i select one of my 5 cameras and view its live feed.

Can you please change the android app to respect the screen orientation when it starts?

Thanks
joe gibbs

2 Likes

I had these same issues on my old Samsung Tab 3. It is annoying.

A couple days ago, I bought a 2019 Tab A. The Tab A works better so I can at least watch the live stream as normal. Still acts odd in other Wyze options. The old Tab 3 is unusable with Wyze unless I lay down sideways.

1 Like

It is very annoying that the Wyze software does not respect device orientation… there’s no reason for that… PLEASE Fix this finally – iOS.

3 Likes

What is the latest on this feature request? It seems to have been in the current “researching” status for a long enough time to spec out what it would take to implement. As most have commented, the Wyze app is one of a very few that does not work natively in landscape mode.

3 Likes

The latest on this is that it’s something that we’re intending to do and we’re working on an app redesign. Last I heard, it will be included in that redesign but I don’t know the timeline for that.

5 Likes

Thank you for listening. I know disabled people such as myself will greatly benefit. Wyze truly cares about their customers. It’s very nice to see. God Bless.

3 Likes

We hear you and we appreciate you taking the time to talk to us about this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can we please get a true iPad version of the Wyze app? The current universal version not supporting landscape (for all actions and pages - is just awful. Make a true iPad app … Please. Be hoping for a beta soon that supports this.

2 Likes