Landscape View For Tablets

If the phone was already in landscape, that means you were looking at everything sideways, right? The answer is “no”, if you were in landscape, looking at everything sideways, you still have to tap the full screen button to get landscape video view, or rotate the phone to portrait and back.

Hopefully, if full landscape support for the app gets implemented, this will no longer be an issue.

2 Likes

Yes and no. If I’m reviewing an Event in landscape and another Event gets pushed to my phone, I have to switch the phone to portrait as the new event loads and then back to landscape to view it in full screen mode. People look at me like I’m playing some race car video game twisting my phone around. It would appear the app is checking for the change of state of orientation from portrait to landscape and not the state of landscape.

If the phone is sitting an a holder in landscape position, even if one has to suffer through looking at it sideways, it’s really nonsensical to have to push a bunch of buttons to get to landscape mode when the device already knows this. If you like looking at everything sideways, you can always lock the orientation of the phone.

Unfortunately, landscape support is listed as “researching”, but the OP states they haven’t started yet. :disappointed:

3 Likes

Re Authenticating to the app after being kicked out for some random reason is even more annoying. Turning your iPad connected to a keyboard to portrait mode is insane. I do not understand, I asked about this over a year ago. Great product, no auto landscape is painful.

3 Likes

this is a painful feature to lack

5 Likes

With the advent of the latest software and “multi- live stream” window -
I’m running an Amazon Fire HD 10.
When in portrait mode showing multiple windows (2) there is not a “back button available” in the UI.
I either have to rotate the screen or go to individual screen then hit full screen and it rotates to portrait,
Just the back arrow in the upper left corner when in multiscreen would solve my problem,

4 Likes

Howdy @Loki … Do you happen to know where the implementation of Landscape mode (throughout the app) ranks? So very disappointing that I’m still having to rotate my iPad repeatedly throughout the day just to see menu items, etc. Well, given that text is now white-on-cyan, cyan-on-white, etc. (i.e. no contrast), it’s very difficult for my semi-aging eyes to read app text anyway, regardless of orientation. Back to the Landscape issue … it’s just frustrating, given my physical limitations. As I’ve mentioned previously, of all the apps I have installed (73, I just recounted), only 2 don’t support Landscape and Wyze is one of them. Ah well … p.s. I don’t mean to hijack the thread here, so feel free to relocate or just delete this post. I feel marginally better now for having just having just written it. :wink:

2 Likes

@milehiguy

If you go to the top of the #wishlist category (click the link), the topics are sorted in order of votes. You will find that this topic with just over 100 votes is currently ranking about 25th. Votes and ranking are the not the only factor in determining what gets done first. For example, this one does affect those with physical limitations, so that could give it a little more priority.

As this is one of my pet peeves, I did have a conversation with the Wyze folks about it recently. I continue to advocate for it. While I can tell you it is on the back burner, it is also definitely on the radar. Unfortunately, I don’t know what that means as far as a hard timeframe as to when it might get eventually done.

4 Likes

So this landscape mode for tablets is really a must-have… got a 12” iPad Pro with a Brydge keyboard, and it is ridiculous to have to tilt and rotate to switch modes.

Upon entering the multiple camera views, it should automatically display a quad-type camera view, etc.

It just seems so basic. Granted, perhaps the logical answer lies buried in this thread — I admit to not having read it in entirety — but still… the need is real!

Thanks.

4 Likes

Also, while I’m at it, I might add that I find it a bit sloppy that when from switching from the cam overview (which is displaying live images) to a single cam, an old outdated image is used as the backdrop while the camera connects.

:pleading_face:

Feel free to inquire for further clarification if required,

1 Like

I’m trying to sell my bosses on these cameras for our 43 locations nationwide, but almost our entire workforce uses iPads in landscape mode so lacking this feature is a deal breaker. The minute this feature gets implemented I’ll be buying 5-6 cameras per location. That’s possibly 258 cameras you could sell (or not sell) because of one feature that’s lagging behind the norm for every other app out there. These cameras are so good, they just haven’t been around as long as others so they aren’t on par feature-wise. I know it’ll come in time, but this seems like a very basic feature that should have been roadmapped from day one. I’ve done some app development, and I know it’s not a small ask, but it really is a huge gap in your feature set.

Please make this happen, ASAP! I cannot justify buying these cameras until this feature is implemented.

4 Likes

Landscape orientation support on iPads and other tablets, PLEASE!

4 Likes

I’m using Ultimate Rotation Control by FaMe IT on playstore it works great on my fire hdx 8.9 with android

I’m also chiming in for my support for landscape view for iPads and tablets. On an iPad Pro which is my primary machine as well as at each of my restaurants for managers it’s really a drag not having this…feature? I guess implemented. I hesitate to call it a feature when it’s at this point becoming a must.

2 Likes

Not sure why this hasn’t been implemented. I have a tablet in landscape mode on the side of my fridge to show weather, access smart home devices ect.

I have to use an app that FORCES all apps into landscape mode strictly because of the Wyze app.
It works. I believe it just makes the app THINK its in portrait mode.
(I have to use an old version of the app because the tablet is an old Galaxy Tab 4 and it doesn’t support any newer versions of the Wyze app)

2 Likes

Could you tell us what the app is?
I’m running an Amazon Fire 10 and it always come up in portrait when I would prefer it in landscape because I like to set it around where I can watch it.

I can do it with swipes down and locking it but I’m looking for other ways,

1 Like

I’m using Ultimate Rotation Control by FaMe IT on playstore it works great on my fire hdx 8.9 with android

1 Like

Please make a better iPad experience. I’d like to be able to use your app seamlessly in landscape mode on the iPad. The app wants to be used in portrait mode. Many of us use our iPads, almost exclusively, in landscape to take advantage of the wide keyboard. It’s inconvenient being forced to switch orientation between tasks.

7 Likes

Welcome to the club …

1 Like

“This causes difficulty for people with disabilities and for some other use cases”

This is what rotate lock is for, If they are having issues in Landscape mode, they are having issues with an iPad unrelated to Wyze. I find it more and more difficult to keep recommending these cameras with this issue going on so long. Right now, yet again, I have been logged out of the app and need to rotate it to portrait with the keyboard attached and try to re authenticate ( getting old).

2 Likes

We’re sorry. How often are you being logged out of the app? Thank you for your feedback, knects.

1 Like