Landscape View For Tablets

… or our heads, as I’ve been doing for 3 years

I serious cannot understand how this has been on here so long with absolutely no interest from the developers. I for once will be voting with my wallet and that means I am canceling subscription and moving on. This is how serious I feel about this. My iPad is on my magic keyboard all the time and I see no reason I should take it off to operate an app. Buy your developers a few tablets.

4 Likes

Totally Agree!!!

Just wow! This request has been going since November of 2018 and it still isn’t here. “Rings the GOT Shame bell “ Shame! Shame! Shame! :joy:
But seriously, we’re not asking for a 3D view of the moon. Can we get an ETA please?

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen I understand the inability to display Wyze app on landscape mode causes difficulties for people with disabilities. I think we all can agree it causes difficulties for everyone, as it is a pain having to rotate the whole tablet from landscape to portrait to landscape just to operate Wyze, and every time one needs to switch from one live stream in landscape mode to the main screen where one selects another camera’s live stream. Actually I thought this was a bug only to discover you guys have not implemented this basic operation. It is just hideous… C’mon, wakey-wakey Wyze!!

4 Likes

Just upgraded to M1 Mac, the iOS app works perfectly on this machine, and it is fast and snappy, no lag in loading of video. Will blow the doors off event recent models of the iPhone. I also have Nest and Ring apps now on my Mac and they work perfectly too. Almost as good as wired cams. Also, no issue with lack of landscape mode on the Mac.

1 Like

But it won’t support more than one external monitor?

Yes it will, there are adapters on the market that allow M1 Macs to support multiple monitors, you can google it.

How the heck is it working in landscape mode on the M1 is the real question…

Are you able to go back to select different cameras without having to rotate the screen? I can go into landscape mode but the menu becomes unavailable from then on until I rotate.

It is basically in landscape mode on the M1 Mac unlike the iPad, it looks great. The app is taller than the screen and narrower though. And the live video loads so much faster than my 2017-2018 ios devices with no lag or crashes, like having wired cameras.

actually it fits vertically on the screen just narrower.

I question the validity of it’s performance On the M1

I don’t work for Wyze, works great for me, can’t speak for anyone else. I have the minimum spec MacBook Air M1 that costs $899 with student discount.

Guys, I think I have a solution. Since Wyze isn’t going to make this change… perhaps we can just rotate the cameras 90 degrees, so that we can see the images and video on our tablets.

I can’t believe this is being ignored… it will literally take a developer less than 2 hours to make this change. I can donate a pizza if needed. Come on Wyze! Help us out!

1 Like

Now thats thinking! The image will be landscape, but the app will still be portrait.

And the people that are responsible for this app, Their decision not to change this to landscape is very similar to how Democrats make decisions.

Just had to bring politics into the conversation didn’t you.

2 Likes

they are focusing a lot on new product launches vs. improving the app that’s used for all devices.

I use the Amazon Echo Show 2 with a routine to automatically view the Wyze Doorbell whenever the button is pressed. The issue is that the video is sideways and hard to view. Can you have an option to view the video in landscape mode even if there are black inserts on each side of the video? Thanks.

1 Like

Come on Wyze it’s 2021!

3 Likes