Lamp socket turns off two hours after camera turns off

I have a bit of a unique situation that I’m struggling with:

I have a Wyze v3 camera to monitor my living room. For privacy purposes, I only want the camera on at night. So I have a rule set to turn the camera on at 11pm and off at 6:30am.

I also have a two year old, so we have the camera plugged into a wyze light socket to prevent dangling cords.

I also have a Hue bulb plugged into the light socket, which means that I want 24/7 power to the socket. I have this set correctly in the accessories tab in the wyze app.

The bulb attached to the wyze socket is turning off every day at exactly 8:30am, which is two hours after the camera turns off. I’ve experimented with this and it happens exactly two hours after the camera turns off regardless of whether it’s rule based or manually stopped. It almost feels like it’s going into some kind of sleep mode?

I’ve had my wyze for a little over a month. It was working correctly when I got it, but I think it broke during one of the recent firmware updates.

Does anyone have any ideas? I’ve checked the settings a million times and I really think they’re correct.

1 Like