Lag in Video

Any update on the newest Android firmware? The lag is deplorable.

One of the last updates was over in this thread, also has a link to an old app you can roll back to until it is fixed

1 Like

Did not see a link to download that version. Just notes on what each version fixed and firmware for the cameras

You are correct, let me do some checking

Could you try it again, there should be a known good version with a blue hyper-link

Greetings:
I have 3X Wyze Cams, 2X Version 1 and 1X Version 2.
They all video lag, its about 30 secs slow.
On my Wyze App on my Android Phone I have App Version 2.5.30, and still have lag
Also in My Account, section App Settings it states: Cache File Size with a button if I would like to clear it. It doesn’t say Enable hardware decoder.
When I got these 3x Wyze Cams Video in HD was outstanding, great.
Something has gone wrong.
Regards Robert from Montreal

There are known issues in the current app with the removal of the hardware acceleration option. WYZE is currently looking into this and taking it very seriously. If you would like to revert back to a previous app version I posted a link above to the page that has a link to the version of the app that you can roll back to until it is fixed.

1 Like

The version in the hyperlink is corrupt!

Let me see what I can find out

Did you uninstall the old one first before installing the new one?

Thanks, that fixed it

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Link is not working for me

Welcome to the community! If you need more help just reply to this post.

Try this link below:

APK Download

1 Like

Same here my wifi strengths 85%

Hi was given a App to test the cam ( Route this )
Only gives a code and send back to Wyze Co.
They will know what it means. Will be waiting for a result. Graeme

Switched app to tiny cam pro and no lag.

i ask this question yesterday and chat stated to use SD vs HD.
i check my Wyze app on the phone …there is no my account except web login.

If you are using app V2.5.30 you will not find hardware decoder setting because it was removed in that version.

if a thief came to your property and take a package. it only record 5 seconds of video.
let say you have 5 people came to your door.
because video only show 5sec of everyone coming by …how do you know which one stole your package? the recording won’t show them taking and leaving if the action is from 10sec and up.