Lag in live stream video to audio

I am experiencing a lag in the video while live streaming. I hear the sounds but it takes the video portion 45-60 seconds to catch up. I have updated the firmware, updated the app, reset all network connections. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi, @cjwidener! It sounds like the usual problem folks are having after the Hardware Acceleration was removed. But to be sure, can you be more specific like what OS, firmware and app version you are using? This will help us narrow down and identify the problem more accurately. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Firmware is 4.9.4.169 App is 2.5.30 on Android 9

1 Like

I believe you are experiencing the lag issue like many others because of the Hardware Acceleration removal. One option, you can rollback to the v2.4.82 APK until Wyze comes out with another app update. They are working on this and it is top priority. On the other hand, another app release should be released very soon if you don’t mind waiting to fix this.

Please see the following thread below:

3 Likes

OK. I work so much, I seldom get the chance to read through the issues.

Thank you.

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

You could also try the beta app version from my experience it works better then 2.5.30

3 Likes

A new app release just came out today if you want to try it. Hopefully this will help some of the lag issues you have been having.

4 Likes

I went to firmware update and there is nothing new. Is there somewhere else I am supposed to go?
Also, my enable person detection has been toggled on, but every time I go to events, I am told to turn it on again. I do, but still, no notifications or recordings. Yes, I have had people in my driveway. This has been going wrong for over a week.

This is not a firmware update, it is an update of the app itself

3 Likes

This isn’t a firmware update, it is an app update , so you go to the play store and update the app to V2.5.36

4 Likes

OH, Duh. Thank you. I appreciate it.

1 Like

The update helped immensely! Thank you. It is only a 2 second or so lag now. Totally livable.

1 Like