Wyze Lock Keypad - button beep mute (Volume Control)

I would like a way to lower or mute the Keypad button beeps when entering an unlock code. It draws unwanted attention to the action of unlocking the door In my case in particular it echoes in a exterior hallway the door is next too. I get why it’s important for the person to get an acknowledgment of each button press. However I don’t want anyone within an earshot indoor or outside to know I’m unlocking my door.

I agree, it’s a little loud, having some control of the volume would be great!

3 Likes

Idea! Can we “mute” the keypad sound?

My son turns 21 in June and when he comes home late - don’t want to hear the loud beep (he may not be able to use the app… :crazy_face:!)

7 Likes

Agreed. Way too loud!

5 Likes

I love the added functionality of the Wyze Keypad to the Wyze Lock, however, some control over the volume of the key press beeps or a mute function would be great. The beeps are just too loud and draw unwanted attention to my unlocking the door from anyone on the side walk. In my opinion, the greatest feature of the Wyze Lock is that it looks like a regular lock from the outside, so the beeping on my hidden keypad doesn’t help. Thank you!

3 Likes

Also, it lets anyone listening know how many numbers in your code.

2 Likes

You can get around this, my code is a 4-digit code, sometimes I enter 5 digits, sometimes 6 and sometimes up to 8 digits, as long as the 4 digits of the code are hit sequentially you can enter leading and trailing digits, this keeps people from knowing how many digits are in the code

6 Likes

Good to know. Thanks, Jason!

Anthony

2 Likes

Yes please on this topic. Small apartment hall with 4 apartments, quiet building BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP is horrid. A simple beep on unlock, 2 beeps on bad code, 3 beeps on repeated bad code lockout. With a volume option (soft, standard, silent) PLEASE.

5 Likes

I second this! The beeps are too loud! Please let us mute them. Saves battery too, I imagine.

3 Likes

Good morning Wyze. Is there a way an additional volume setting can be added? Right now mine is set to normal and my whole neighborhood can hear me pushing the buttons. Don’t know why someone would want it louder than that unless they are hard of hearing or want to annoy their neighbors lol.

2 Likes

[Mod Edit]: The Title of this thread was Modified to enhance search clarity and allow for broader input beyond just muting the beep.

1 Like

Has Wyze made any communications on a resolve for this issue? Because I also have the same problem. This thing is great but I can’t use it. It’s too loud and neighbors can make out how many digits my code is. Did I spend my money on something I cannot use? :thinking:

3 Likes

I know this does not resolve the issue but thought I would toss this info out there. You can type in up to 8 digits and as long as your code is in there some where it will open. So you could do 2 random, code, 2 random, keeps people from knowing the number of digits as you could change the amount of buttons you press every time

3 Likes

Hi, I really do appreciate you taking the time. That is a great solution and it does help with one of the issues. But the most important one, the privacy and noise, makes it a make a or break for some of us who live in apartments. They really need to come up with a usable option. Because the loudness is amplified by the enclosed hallway at my apartments. People can hear clear across the other side of the building. Kind of a privacy and noise issue. I don’t understand why they didn’t make the beep something more acceptable. I guess they did it with the thought that only home owners would purchase this feature. I don’t know, whatever it was, I am disappointed. Now I only dare use it in an emergency situation.

3 Likes

I can imagine, I live in a house and cringe every time I put in my code because it is so load. I am on your side on this one and would like to see options for the key tones.

3 Likes

I agree as well. The key press beeps should be able to be turned off. They are loud, unnecessary, and, draw too much attention. Wyze, please make an update so we can turn off the beep sounds.

2 Likes

Wyze is too busy building a wifi-enabled rectal cat thermometer and sending thirty emails a day to their customer base to address the beeping keypad issue. The best way to stop the beeping is to take a hammer to it. Because honestly, if they ever do fix it, they will call it “Keypad v2” and make you buy a new one.

2 Likes

I found this blog trying to find a way to turn my keypad volume down. Obviously, you can not!
Wyze please remedy this issue. It was the first thing my son said when he came over this weekend.
'“Wow you should see if you can turn the volume down on this”

4 Likes

Yes, please provide a way to either greatly soften the keypad times, or turn them off entirely. I live in a small apartments community and I’m annoying my neighbors are 3 am.

1 Like