Keep Your Items Safe with Wyze Gun Safe - 3/15/22

I don’t see an ‘easy’ way that a ‘child’ could gain entry unless they have the key OR know the passcode and if they do, then the owner of the GUN probably shouldn’t have one. There would be NO reason to tell your child anything about the keys, how to use them (the lock is hidden), where they are located, etc… Same goes for the ‘codes’ - they should be in your head, not written down and not something your child (or anyone else) can easily figure out…

Lastly, if you have a gun and a child, then you need to make sure that child knows gun safety as soon as possible. They need to know it’s not like cartoons and that ONLY MOM/DAD are allowed to TOUCH/HOLD/USE the gun - period!!

When they get old enough, teach them how to shoot, but keep it locked up the same way as before.

2 Likes

That’s fine by me that it weighs that much! I can lift that one handed.

Throw it in a range bag. :+1:

1 Like

I don’t have a lockable (CA approved) ‘range bag’… And they are getting tougher and tougher on gun laws here in California… Gotta keep guns and ammo in separate parts of your car, and gun has to have a ‘lock’ (even in trunk) etc… already… This would just be more convenient to ‘grab and go’ with gun in one ‘box’ and ammo in my bag…

Just a preference… YOU don’t have to use a handle if you don’t want to…

I have a handle and a steel tether… on my portable gun safe. :+1:

It’s too late to request physical changes to this product. You can submit a Wishlist request for a new portable safe or a Gun Safe v2.

1 Like

[Mod Edit]

If you don’t want one don’t buy one.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

3 Likes

[Mod Edit]

Just because I don’t want one, doesn’t mean I can’t come here to voice my opinion on the product as well. It’s one of the main reasons Wyze setup these forums in the first place.

5 Likes

Friendly reminder…

10 Likes

Thanks… I will do just that…

1 Like

Wow and to think many of us didn’t trust them with the idea of a space heater and laughed it off the forum…

First couple of thread titles I was sure this was a joke.

The Heater question was raised in July 2020. This was right after Wyze added the band and scale. There were few other products besides cameras and sensors at the time.
Wyze didn’t even have a thermostat back then (it was announced in October). If nobody had ever mentioned a heater 2 years ago and Wyze brought it up now after adding several dozen other products including the thermostat, I don’t think there would be as much opposition as there was back then…especially if/when these guys are finally available to go with it:

The timing was really bad back then, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a heater come up again in the future sometime, especially if it can work well with the thermostat and has enough surge protection included.

I think the biggest opposition to the heater post was less about trusting firmware (though there were some who expressed that) than about asking for more effort to be put into current products with more features and resolving bugs (at that time I recall my V1 sensors driving me crazy, requiring reboots all the time, etc…we wanted those fixed to be more consistent or new sensors and Wyze has since done both…).

To be fair, they have addressed some of the items on your highly rated list with >=47 votes from that thread including:

• Deliver a doorbell.
  • Wired outdoor camera with better waterproofing.
  • Support 5 Ghz band (I run my VDBPro on this…maybe more is to come)
  • Browser viewer (in testing)
  • Wired UL listed smart electric wallplate dimmer switches.
  • (some improved Alexa integration, They fixed Google to use WebRTC, but no change on Apple or Home assistant yet)
  • Temperature and humidity and water sensors.
  • Smart watches.
  • (did a survey about looking into Dash cams finally)
  • Formal home security systems with professional monitoring
  • Solar power options. (for WCO only right now, but it’s a great step)
  • (they’re always working on firmware, app(s), and cloud services…and while there’s a lot that could be listed in the last 2 years, I think a lot more could be done still)
  • Improved/better contact/motion sensors (the V2’s have even been offered without the HMS recently, but even the V1’s by themselves have been insanely more stable than they were in 2019 and early 2020) --recent V2/hub firmware issues not withstanding :slight_smile:

And many other things not on that list, but you have to admit they’ve been cranking through getting to a lot of those items since then. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a heater pop back up in the future, and it would be much more relevant now that they have a thermostat system.

I think it was mostly bad timing and not high demand more than it was a trust thing for MOST people.
Besides, for this safe, you always have the purely mechanical option of using the key like a non-smart safe if that is what is prefered.

1 Like

We want a wyze dashcam not this lol

4 Likes

Not the way I read it then or now. :slight_smile:

And it’s not personal. Space heaters are a potential danger regardless of who makes them or how automated they are.

Okay, I have a few more practical questions about the safe.
1, How sturdy is it really? How does it stand up to a drop test?
2. How reliable is the lock and latch?
3. Will they start shipping right away, as Jimmy said in his last pre-order email?

1 Like

App, on my phone? unlock History? Does this data make it back to Wyze Servers? Where is the unlock data stored?

Does this integrate with the current Wyze App?

SJ

1 Like

Here are some instructional videos that show some more of the function you’re referring to.

Shorter intro and set up video from Wyze.

Way more in depth on all things Wye Safe. Only review vid I’ve seen so far.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing the videos. I LOVED his idea for making certain things waterproof or fireproof with this. You can get something like that Fullive bag which was only like $20 for 2 of them, that you can store anything in them to make them waterproof and fireproof inside the safe. That is a great idea! The fireproof thing was the only thing I was concerned about, but that solves the concern for me.

3 Likes

… this is a product to support SAFTY… not “ownership”…

[Mod Edit]

they entered the SAFETY market, not the firearm market…

[Mod Edit]

2 Likes

By that [mod edit] logic bullets aren’t part of the firearms market and antivirus software isn’t part of the computer market. [Mod Edit]