Jump from motion detection notification to its recorded video location

Fantastic product, Wyze Cam team. I have 3 v2 Wyze Cams and am loving them.

A feature that would make the local storage on the camera’s SD card vastly more useful for me, is to be able to view a motion notification video clip and from there, tap on a link/button that jumps to the saved video from SD storage at the start of where the motion detection occurred and starts playing. If the saved video is not available for that notification clip, don’t show the link. Perhaps start 5-10 seconds before the motion, or make that configurable. If this is already a feature in the app, my apologies, because I can’t seem to find it and I would gratefully appreciate someone describing how to do it.

Thank you for listening.

2 Likes

I would also love this feature. Very similar to the way the Yi camera software works. It would also be nice to have an actual picture of the beginning of the clip in the notifications view instead of just a generic picture which doesn’t tell you anything.

What model cameras do you have? The V2 and Pan both show a thumbnail in the Events list for each event. Unfortunately, the thumbnails for the V1 are generic. This is a hardware limitation of the V1.

Here a couple of Roadmap topics you may want to hop over to and vote for. Be sure to click the VOTE button at the top of each topic…

I have all of the camera types now but this was posted prior to the thumbnails when I only had the V1.

Thanks for the heads up. Just cast my vote.

The event alert push notification is correct, the speed at which it is uploaded to the internet (cloud) is what determines the length of time before the event video clips is available for viewing. The app sends the push notification immediately to your device, the video clip may not be uploaded quickly because there may be bandwidth slowdowns or other cameras uploading their events videos as well at the same time you are trying to access the event video. The reason the video is not available is because it is not finished uploading to the cloud. Unless I misunderstood what you were saying.

Hope this helps,

Thanx,

73’

Tuna