Issues with new equipment

Yesterday I installed a new Netgear router/modem combo. I deleted and reinstalled my v2 and it connected fine but the app (a new download to a new iPhone) still has the old MAC address in it and it’s not recording events or sending notifications. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Hello there @kathleensrose.

Thanks for joining the forums!

First, if your router supports 2.4GHz, make sure you delete all your Wyze devices & set them up again with your new WiFi network. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the WiFi network once setup apart from deleting and setting them up again.

Second, let’s make sure your new router supports the 2.4GHz band Wyze Cam V2 / Pan require. If your router doesn’t support 2.4GHz, the Wyze Cam V1 / V2 / Pan are not compatible as they require the 2.4GHz band.

2 Likes

Confused about this. Normally I would say of course it has the same MAC address. The hardware address doesn’t change. Unfortunately there is a bug in the firmware that makes the camera occasionally take on the MAC address of its network card, so can’t make that blanket statement. However, being the same address still isn’t bad. Can you show us what you mean?

1 Like

The new Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 definitely supports 2.4 GHz according to my router manual and settings.

I’m not sure I understand the question. What should I show you? The camera has begun to notify me of motion when I enter or leave but is not recording events so I popped out the SD card, inserted it into my MacBook Pro and discovered that empty folders are being created on the card at precise hours of the day. Here is the schedule:

April 4-May 18-every day at 4am
May 18-every hour
May 19- 12, 1, 2, 3, 4 am
May 20-May 26- every day at 4 am
May 27- 12, 1, 2, 3, 4 am
May 28-May 30- every day at 4 am
May 31- every hour between 4 am and 7 pm
June 1- 1 am, 2, 3, and 4
June 2-July 6- every hour of the day

It starts in April when I installed my first V2 which was returned because it would not connect remotely. What is going on here?

If you go into the individual cam and call up the settings (gear icon), then Advance Settings > Local Storage >, is it set to “Record events only” or “Continuous recording”? Sounds like it is set to events only, which will leave folders on your SD card marked with the hour(s) events were noticed. Inside those hourly folders will be 1-minute .mp4’s of the actual motion sensed. Sounds like you might want to select “Continuous recording” instead.

As far as not recording events, are you talking about the 12-second cloud clips that you find under the “Events” tab at the bottom of the Home page? You select the date you are interested in at the top of the page and pull down to refresh if a notification has come in since the last time you ran the app.

The SD card and the 12-second cloud clips work independently of one another.

Let us know if Newshound’s solution worked or if you found another solution!

Thank you!

It’s set to “Record Events Only,” Since the camera is sitting on its face so it won’t detect my motion when I’m home at the times the folders are being created it shouldn’t be creating these folders. There are no .mp4s inside the folders.

My app is set to record events to the SD card only, not to the cloud so there should be a whole list of recorded events under that tab. If there’s a notification, there should be an accessible 12 second recording to the card under the Events tab.

Well, you still seem to be confused about how the camera works (the 12-second alerts are always to the cloud, and setting the SD card to events only is a separate operation), but what you describe about the events tab should not happen. You should have recordings for each notification, provided you are refreshing the list of events. We are just fellow users here, so I think you need to enter a support ticket to get proper Wyze technical support on this issue.

Those folders are created automatically in case motion does happen during each particular time period.