Issue with time lapse playback

Basic HW info: Firmware 3.9.102, iOS app 1.1.46

I attempted to use the time lapse feature but was unsuccessful with playback. I inserted a 1 GB micro SD in the camera. I went into the app and under Advanced Settings, I switched on the Local recording to micro SD Card option and selected Continuous recording. Then, I set the start and end time of the time lapse to be at 1 minute interval for 30 minutes. After the time lapse has ended, I went to view the result, but I found nothing in the View time lapse Album. I waited about 5 minutes then and refreshed the Album a few times, but nothing showed up in either Videos or Photos tab. I pulled out my SD Card and checked if there were any recordings and there were files. I was able to view the files (the time lapse) via VLC on my Macbook Pro.

I’ve repeated the steps above but with Local recording to micro SD Card option switched off, and got nothing in the View time lapse Album. (As expected, nothing was saved to the micro SD Card.)

I wasn’t able to find any information of folks having this issue in this forum, so I’ve posted my issue.

Any ideas on what’s wrong or what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks.

1 Like

Interesting, unfortunately I haven’t heard of anything specific to that. Are you saying you see the video on the SD when you pull it out, just not in the app?

May want to check this, but I don’t think there’s a solution yet: https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/time-lapse-video-does-not-exist/

Thanks. I checked out the mentioned page, and it didn’t address my problem.

However, I have found a solution to my problem. I think it is a bug in the app.

When I hit record in the livestream page and let my camera record for a couple of seconds, the Album will refresh and puff the time lapse videos show up. I am then able to tap on the time lapse videos in the Album and see it download then play. I hope this bug is fixed in the upcoming update of the app.

How do you read video from Amazon Cloud Service (up to 14 days)? which is inluded with each purchase.?

Check out this Wyze YouTube video:

Check out this from the FAQ:
When does the WyzeCam automatically record video?
Your WyzeCam has the ability to automatically record a 10-15 second alert video when it detects motion, sound, or CO monitor and smoke alarm sirens. Alert videos are automatically stored in the AWS cloud via end-to-end encryption and can be viewed for up to 14 days in the Notifications tab of the Wyze app. After 14 days, alert videos are deleted and cannot be recovered. Since alert videos are stored in the AWS cloud, they will be available for the full 14 days after the video was captured, even if your WyzeCam is lost or damaged.

Alert videos can be saved or shared by tapping the Share button in an individual alert video. They can be deleted by tapping the Delete button on the same page.

You can turn on/off the recording of each type of alert video independently:

In the Devices tab, tap the camera for which you would like to change the alert video settings. Tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner.

Under Alert Settings, toggle each option on/off (Motion detection, Sound detection, Smoke detection, CO detection). When motion detection and sound detection are turned on, you can select the level of sensitivity that will trigger an alert video.

Where are alert videos saved and how can I view them?
Alert videos are automatically stored to the AWS cloud via end-to-end encryption and can be viewed for up to 14 days in the Notifications tab of the Wyze App. After 14 days, alert videos are deleted and cannot be recovered.

Tap the Notifications tab of the Wyze App to see a list of alert videos. Tap the Alerts dropdown in the upper left corner to filter by WyzeCam if you have multiple cameras linked to your account.

Alert videos can be saved or shared by tapping the Share button in an individual alert video. They can be deleted by tapping the Delete button on the same page

Back to the OP’s issue –

I experienced this problem as well … no videos at all showing up in the Album.

One thing I had to fix before I could try your fix was to enable live recording (was getting “Access Denied” error) in the iOS Settings panel, under Wyze Application, enabling read/write for Photos.

Then I tried your fix of starting the live recording, and as you say poof, the videos all appeared under the album. I am downloading last night’s time lapse now to have a look through it.

Fyi I am using a 64GB micro-SD card.

Thanks. John

1 Like

Same issue and resolution. They just showed up after recording a 3 sec video. I am using a 64gb card, I was worried it was them not supporting exFAT yet, but wheew. Thanks

1 Like

Having this same issue. Same bug. Same workaround.