I hoped this family of products would be useful. Bottom line: my experience suggests Sense is not ready for prime time. There may be many satisfied users, but I have given up after hours of troubleshooting. Received 2 defective bridges, then a 3rd which more often than not, fails to boot and receive sensor events.
The gory details below. Context: I have 2 wyze cam, one v.1, one v.2.
Ordered a starter kit. Bridge would boot when plugged into either of my 2 cameras but could not pair any of the 3 sensors.
Support contact #1, chat. Try this, try that, update bridge firmware, switch things around. Rep is finally convinced there is a problem, sends another starter kit. Same symptoms, does not work.
Contact #2, phone. Rep, to his credit, escalates and talks with someone higher up. Aha, there’s a problem with some of the starter kits but not everyone got the memo. Sends me a replacement bridge only. Insert into camera, boots up and finally can pair a sensor. Well I thought, problem solved. Moved camera (with bridge in place) to desired location. Plugged wall-wart into outlet. Camera boots (solid blue), bridge does not (solid yellow). Did camera restart from app. Same result. Rep assures me that bridge is supposed to reboot and function correctly after power interruption. Not happening.
Contact #3, chat. Rep claims slight possibility that USB connection camera to bridge, spontaneously went haywire in the course of being moved 40 feet. Me, skeptic. Had me send logfile for the camera in which the bridge is plugged. Rep asks me put new bridge in other camera. Well, that’s different - plugged bridge into live camera, it boots, contact sensor open/close detected. Removed power 15 seconds, cam and bridge boot correctly and function.
9/27, Experiments today:
- Bridge in v.1 camera, 2 power cycles, bridge boots and works after each
- Power down v.2 camera, plug bridge into v.2, power up, bridge does not boot
- Unplug bridge then reinsert in v.2 camera, boots and works (sensor)
- Cycle power to v.2 camera, bridge does not boot. Wiggle bridge in place, cycle power, no boot
- Put bridge back in v.1 camera, boots, 1st contact sensor event never notified, 2d event ok
- Cycle power v.1 camera, bridge does not boot, remove and reinsert bridge 3 times, bridge boots but app reports “offline” and no sensor events recognized.
- Cycle power on v.1 camera, bridge does not boot.