Is this lens flare?

I have been filming my sleeping habits at night. I wanted to upload a video that possibly shows lens flair? These are orbs of light moving randomly about the room. My blinds are closed so no light is passing by. Unfortunately since I’m a new user, I can’t upload this video for comment?? Don’t understand…

1 Like

It’s a default setting on the forum software. Basically the more you use the forums the more “rights” you gain. In most cases the default of not allowing a new user to upload video makes sense but honestly not for a vendor that sells cameras. But it is what it is. Often a @moderators will jump in and raise your trust level in cases like this.

@conniereh You can also move up to a higher trust lever by doing the following: :slightly_smiling_face:

If a new user is willing to spend a little time reading, they will quickly be promoted to the first trust level.

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
2 Likes

Thanks. I would like an opinion on what I recorded.

2 Likes

Almost certainly (based on your description), you are seeing flying bugs or dust. When the camera is operating in night mode with the IR illuminators enabled, bugs or dust that are close to the camera are EXTREMELY visible.

Just curious, are you having issues with Sleep Apnea? I have slept with a CPAP for not far from 20 years.

@conniereh I see you are now at Trust Level 1, so you should be able to post a video. Let me know if you have trouble.

1 Like

thanks!!!

1 Like