Is there any app to watch the video on the SD via my PC?

Unfortunately when I tried to check the video via Playback, it freezes to the point that I need to close the app.

I tried via my Iphone and my Tablet, failing on both cases.

Also, it would be nice to be able to see the video via Time Lapse, going back not forward as it is now.

Thanks and best regards

Gus

There is no app for the desktop right now. I have taken my SD card out and been able to reassemble a segment of video. Unfortunately, even with the SD card, segments are 60 seconds long. That means, if you have a 10 minute segment that you want to save, you have to piece together 10 segments and resave the resulting file.

I had the same issues you are having where, due to the persistent connectivity issues that are plaguing V1 cameras for many users, you can’t do a playback and if you can, it will freeze up in the middle and you have to start all over.

I agree that it would be nice to have a full featured playback tool, but I think this would likely need to wait for a desktop application and solid, uninterrupted connectivity.

Thanks Pthalodezin,

I think is time to start looking for another cameras.

Oh well, it was OK until now.

Regards

Gus

1 Like

You might have success using BLUESTACKS. It allows you to run Android apps on a windows PC

+1 for using bluestacks :slight_smile:

To pthalodezin:

Newby here. On your reply:

“There is no app for the desktop right now. I have taken my SD card out and been able to reassemble a segment of video. Unfortunately, even with the SD card, segments are 60 seconds long. That means, if you have a 10 minute segment that you want to save, you have to piece together 10 segments and resave the resulting file.”

How did you piece together your 60 second segments? What software did you use? I have video I have saved on google drive, all in 60 second segments. Would be REALLY nice to have it back into 1 flowing video again.

Pardon my ignorance.

Thanks for your time and response.

I don’t use just one software package. I have tried several. You should just use Google to find the software the is the right price (or free) and offers the features you want. There are actually online compilers as well. If you don’t have connectivity issues, you should be able to use record from within the playback feature. The SD to computer to compiling is more for those with connectivity issues or those that want to compile videos from segments that are not contiguous.

Sorry if that wasn’t much help, but as of now, I have no recommendations on what software to use.

-10 for bluestacks. :frowning:

Thanks pthalodezin, that was very helpful! Points me in a better direction.

What I use to view videos on the SD is VLC (I am using Windows, I haven’t tried other platform distributions)

https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/wyze-cam-monthly-updates-april-2018/#post-136064

With VLC you can open a folder and it will load all the videos in the folder and its subfolders into a temporary playlist. When you play, it will automatically advance to the next when the previous is done. But each one minute segment plays separately with its own play bar; it doesn’t create a “virtual single video”, so you can’t “scrub” across individual segments by dragging the cursor (at least that I am aware of).

I haven’t tried yet, but what I would most likely use to “combine” the 1 minute video segments would be ffmpeg (free and open source, multiplatform) https://www.ffmpeg.org/

The downside for a lot of people is that ffmgeg is a CLI (Command Line Interface) utility. For me, that is an advantage, because it makes it much easier to script than a GUI. But for users that have never used a CLI it adds another barrier to entry. ffmpeg also has a steep learning curve, but google will let you find examples.

Here is one good place to look: https://github.com/amiaopensource/ffmprovisr

And there are GUI front ends available that use ffmpeg underneath to do the work. I haven’t used them, but google will find them. If anyone has a recommendation, chime in with a reply.