Is there a V3 version of the WOC?

I’m confused !

Some say, “V3 wyze outdoor cam”.
Is there even a V2 WCO ?

In either case -
I think that should be V3 wired Wyze Outdoor Cam.

I might buy a V2 or 3 ? wireless version of WOC with night vision in color.

The Outdoor Cam is currently only at version 1.

The wired cam was the original cam, so people just shorthand that one. It has gone thru V1, V2, and V3 iterations, with the V3 adding outdoor capability.

Wyze currently sells the following cameras:

V3 Cam - Outdoor wire-powered camera. Wyze’s current flagship camera that upgraded the V2 Cam to a faster processor, more frames per second, wider view, starlight sensitivity, and outdoor capability. Has a siren. Can do 2 wavelengths of night vision. Can save to a local SD card 24 hours a day, giving you the chance to review any part of the last 3-8 days.

V2 Cam - Indoor wire-powered camera. Was upgraded to the V3 by adding starlight sensitivity and outdoor capability (the V2 has neither of these features). Required on the Wyze car. Can save to a local SD card 24 hours a day, giving you the chance to review any part of the last 3-8 days.

Pan Cam V2 - An upgrade to the original Pan Cam, adding the new starlight sensor. There are some other reliability upgrades as well. Can pan & tilt. Can save to a local SD card 24 hours a day, giving you the chance to review any part of the last 3-8 days.

Outdoor Camera - Battery-powered outdoor camera that is only recommended for situations where you cannot power a camera. Also has a PIR sensor, but you can use a Sense motion sensor to trigger the other models of cameras if their normal pixel motion detection isn’t enough for you (note the new Sense V2 motion sensors are still hard to get). Can be used in no-Internet situations. Separate Base station required for every 4 cameras. This one has not been upgraded to starlight sensitivity yet. Does not record 24 hours a day to SD card without a lot of effort and a soon dead battery. Live streaming must be limited to save battery power.

Doorbell Camera - Replaces front or back doorbells. Requires wired doorbell power of 16V-24VAC (you can also power it from USB 5VDC if you can get that to the doorbell). This one has not been upgraded to starlight sensitivity yet. Does not record 24 hours a day to SD card.

I typically recommend the V3 Cam for all applications, unless you can’t use a V3 there, as would be the case in a location where you can’t run power.

6 Likes

Great breakdown

4 Likes

In my opinion the V3 is far better than the Wyze Cam Outdoor.

Too many issues with the WCO, poor event detection, battery needing charged and eventually going bad, having to use a base station and many other problems if you read other posts.

After reading the specifications and seeing all the issues with WCO I would not recommend this camera to anyone.

4 Likes

Yikes,
That’s one scathing rebuke !

It’s been over a yr. I have to unbox mines n try !.:cry: