Is there a fix for error code -20002 Max number of channels reached?

I’m getting this error at the moment (the interpretation of the error code comes from https://www.reddit.com/r/wyzecam/comments/8mrmju/wyzecam_error_codes_and_messages_table/). Does anyone know why this happens and if there’s a workaround (other than waiting in the hope that it’ll go away)?

Have you tried power cycling the camera? Removing the SD card if you have one installed?

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you file a support request including the log files for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them know that it’s already resolved.

Thanks, Loki – unfortunately I’m away from home so I can’t follow your suggestions, but I’ll certainly file a support request as you suggest.

Also try, in the app, tap the gear icon then Reset Device. This can sometimes work even though the camera appears not to be able to connect. I would also force quit and restart the app.

Doh!! Restarting the device didn’t help, but forcing the app to quit and restarting did. How long have I been working with computers? How many people have I made that exact suggestion to? <blush; hangs head in shame>

Thanks for your patience. Much appreciated.

2 Likes