Is person detection working for anyone?

I updated the firmware, app and turned on person detection - walked pass 3 cameras - only one detected motion, but didn’t flag as person. The other two didn’t even detect motion, which they previously used to.

Seems like person detection doesn’t work and breaks regular motion detection for me.

Is it working for others ?

@arckane

Working here. I’m using an android and it works flawless for me.

1 Like

I have 3 cams set up for people detection, and all 3 passed just now @100%. On iOS.

Nothing like “bleeding edge”! Have two cameras and person detection worked great for about 8 hrs (basically yesterday). Now today Live View doesn’t work (get error 42) and NO nothing else changed in the environment. Stop Person Detection and set at motion detection only and getting notifications even though Live View either won’t connect or drops after a few seconds. Remember I said nothing else changed accept firmware upgrade and app upgrade.

Mod note: Please don’t crosspost. I’m replying to your other post:

It is working for me on 4 V2’s and a Pan, it misses some on occasion but overall it works

It mostly works on my 4 v2 cams, the least successful one is probably due to the view angle, it’s mounted 20ft high & 8 ft away pointing down at the door so you see mostly the top of people’s heads. The other 3 have a more level view and worked better.

Keep in mind that it can only tag clips that are already being recorded as motion detected clips. Therefore, if you are in the five minute timeout period (even if that motion was triggered by an insect, eg) you will not get a new motion clip and therefore also not get a person detection.

Also, the AI really needs to see the whole person most of the time for it to trigger.

See the tips here: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028818112&?section=quick-tips

1 Like

Doesnt work for me at all. Mailman right in front of camera, didnt get notified

It’s working for me, but kind of more like a filter.
If I turn ON “Person Detection” only people triggering the camera will show up.
Nothing else that triggers motion detection shows up in the Events.
If I turn it OFF the other videos will show up.

It’s a bit confusing because if you know your dogs were out playing in the yard and there should be some videos of them,
They won’t show up until you turn the Person Detection OFF.

Also I’ve found that when I completely shut down the Wyze App the Person Detection will also be turned OFF.

Right now this is kind of a filter to sort out the videos of only people.

It is working for me, I have person detection on and I have it set to notify on person events only. If there is an event with a person I get notifies. If there is just a regular motion event it records and saves to cloud but I do not get notified. If I go in and look at the events I see al of them unless I apply the filter for people.

person detection for our cams is hit or miss.

our driveway cam (outdoor, mounted about 8’ high) consistently misses people but our pan cam (indoor, on the 36" high countertop) hardy ever misses. very aggravating! husband leaves for work around 545 am and if i scroll through the playback, i can see him leaving the house, walking to the truck and driving away but no alert is generated by the cam.

daughter’s car drives into the driveway, she gets out and walks up the driveway right past the cam; no motion detected and no alert generated. i can clearly see this in a playback.

i can leave the garage during the day, walk right in front of the cam down the driveway and pick up the newspaper. the cam only detects motion and generates an alert when i turn around and walk back into the garage.

another v2 cam is set up in the foyer (about 30" high on a table); consistently detects people and sends the right alert.

another v2 is set to only send people alerts, yet it sends sound and general motion alerts all day and all night. on that unit, i’ve turned sound detection all the way down - but it still picks up the slightest sound.

I’ve been uploading the incorrectly classified clips, most of them are the “I saw a person” kind. I have notifications set up for person only, so far, the notifications have been accurate. Something happened last night though, I got 4 person events today, 3 are cars driving by, the other is wisteria leaves moving in the wind.

Person detection has never worked for me. Firmware is latest version and I’m using a Galaxy S10 Plus.

hit or miss for me; doesnt matter the platform. i run a pc emulator, and android 6 on 2 mobile devices and 7 on a tablet.
missed a person detection today when the ups guy dropped off a package :confused:
i have only person detection turned on for all cams.

It misses some like all people detection algorithms do, but works for me. Most cameras that have people detection should have an option to report missed people or misidentified people since no algorithm can be 100%. This way the detection improves over time. Since it’s a free feature, the best bet for people who don’t like it yet should just turn it off and then turn it back on when detection reaches a threshold that they like. It’s a free feature that was added after everyone bought the cameras, so no pain, no gain.

1 Like

Hello Wyze Cam community. First time wyze cam v2 user and poster. I was also very excited for the person detection and have been let down. Both newly purchased wyze cams are setup for person detection are do not detect anyone. I’ve had several family members in and out of our dog room with no notification or recordings.

I hope Wyze support will reply to me soon.

3 cams and all are working with person detection. I did have to ditch my 5G connection totally for the system to work. Everything is working now.

Works identifys as ‘person’ in events. Great! camera quit giving bird notifications. I rebooted for update to take effect. iOS & Android

This topic was automatically opened after 54 days.