Is it possible to create a shortcut on my phone's home screen to enable/disable notifications (possibly with IFTTT?)

I’d like to have a shortcut that I can simply click to enable/disable notifications quickly. I don’t want to stop or pause recording. I was told that I could accomplish this with IFTTT but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

I understand that I can put a shortcut in the app and accomplish this however for security reasons on my phone I have an app locker and would just like to be able to do it without going through the app if possible.

Thanks in advance :wink:

Well , you are in luck because they have a button like that built right in, on the home page , in the app look up to the upper right you will see a Bell icon , tap on that and you will see a line through it , when the line is through it , your notifications are all turned off , tap it again the line disappears and you will receive all notifications

2 Likes

Thank you for your response, I understand where that shortcut in the app is. I was inquiring if there was a way to put a shortcut on my phones home screen as in the form of a button or widget so that I wouldn’t have to actually go into the wyze app. Someone told me that this was doable with IFTTT but I have no idea how to set that up.

Sorry I misunderstood what you were asking , how to do it in IFTTT , I couldn’t tell you , maybe @WyzeJasonJ or @rbruceporter can

I have never actually created one, but yes it can be done, when setting up the IF THIS portion use a button widget and set it up to do what you want, you may have to set up 2, the first for on and 2nd for off

If you can’t get it to work let me know and I will dive into it further and actually set one up.

1 Like

I am absolutely clueless about this lol. If you can help I’d really appreciate it.

Have you ever used IFTTT, this will help me in how much instruction to give.

The only thing I’ve ever done with it was download the app and I’ve looked through the options on there under Wyze but didn’t see one that fit the purpose of enabling/disabling notifications. I tried to follow google instructions on creating a widget but I’m completely clueless lol. Thanks for helping me with this.

Ok, I apologize for taking a bit but I wanted to set them up to be sure it would work.

You will open the IFTTT app on your phone and at the bottom it should say ‘Get more’, tap that and you see a search bar with a ‘+’ below it and to the right, tap on that. Tap on ‘this’ and search for ‘button widget’ and choose that. You will then see one option which is ‘Button press’ obviously choose that.

Now set up the ‘that’ portion, search for ‘WYZE’ and choose it. There will be choices for ‘Turn on notifications’ and ‘Turn off notifications’. Choose one of those, then click finish. You will then need to do the exact same process and under ‘WYZE’ do the other one (on or off, depending what you did the first time).

That sets up both rules you will need. Now for the widget.

Long press on your home screen and then select widget. Find IFTTT and add a widget it will ask which rule to use and you will set a button up for each one and name it accordingly.

If I did not miss any steps that should achieve what you want.

4 Likes

This worked perfectly. I can’t thank you enough!
I’d give you a hug if I could. :grinning:

1 Like

Glad it worked for you