Is Anyone Actually Satisfied With Their Wyze Camera?

I had gotten the Wyze2 a year or so ago. I used it for awhile, but ended up giving it to my daughter when I got the 3. They hooked theirs up in their house to watch the dog while away and it’s working just fine. I didn’t like the lag time on it, but it must’ve gotten “fixed” after a firmware update. After hooking up my 3 it also had a lag time, but with one of the last updates that was corrected, which I was happy about. It also is much better at recognizing people, motion, and pkgs. I’m satisfied with it being on my back porch since the distance isn’t that far from the subjects. Didn’t like it for my chickens because of them being a little too far away and the range was also too far away.

I have had my cameras for quite a long time I just looked in my email and found that I ordered my first pan cam in 2018 which is still working great I have since bought several outdoor cams and have had no problem with any of them over 2 years if mine died tomorrow I would replace it with the same thing.

1 Like

I’m happy with all the cameras I have… and I have multiples of everything… (A total of 20)
The only product I was dissatisfied with, was the V1 version of the sensors, they were terrible …and now they’re gone… so I’m replacing them with other brands…

but the cameras… for the price point, they’re great…

I’ve got 4 V2’s outside under the eaves, for the past four years, and they are still working fine, and for 25 bucks, that’s amazing.

I have two Pan Cams, one in the basement, one on the first floor, that have been rotating through four-way points for years now, without issue…

The WCOs are good for what they are… Limited performance, due to battery power… if you just can’t get power somewhere, they will do the trick… but I would rather find a way to get power, and use a V3…
because for 30-35 bucks, those are terrific cameras… I have five of them now… when, and if, the V2s I have outside fail - I’ll replace them with V3’s

The V3 over the garage door was busy today, as the gas company was tearing up the street all morning… :rofl:

3 Likes

EXCELLENT!!!
For LIVE view only. (as long as even that works).
I have had cams since 2019. Cannot recall one 5 day stretch since when there wasn’t an issue. Since November of this year I’ve really been determined to get mine to work. Added a WCO to the small collection of Wyze cams. OMG! NOTHING HAS EXHAUSTED ME MORE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! I’ve even had twin babies, with no help for me and my wife (LOL). That was 10 times easier than dealing with my Wyze!
To add to all the things I’ve experienced and STILL trying to fix since 2019…i just realized this week end that only ONE of my 3 cams is reporting any notifications. The other 2 stopped reporting all together sometime during the last week and I have no idea why. My WCO and Base have NEVER recognized any SD card I’ve installed (tried everything). As well, every morning i’ve noticed that connection to the one cam which still reports notifications, stops working part through the night…EVERY NIGHT! I’m sending constant pings to my router through the night to see if my ISP does any updates over night which cause the my app to not be able to connect to the cam. NOTHING! Zero packet loss from those all night ping tests. This cam is only 10 feet away from my very strong signal router. The WCO was not reachable as I was going to bed at 1am this morning. Had to get up at 5:30, so didn’t bother …got up this morning, and it’s reachable again. It’s about 40 feet away from the router. I don’t even have it outside now…
I could write for hours to explain all the probs I have. I have run security apps on old Android phones and they have been far more reliable. I think I will set them up again until I buy new cameras from a different brand. I can’t even sell these wyze 'cause I’ve heard stories about people having cameras that don’t belong to them show up in their app. Yikes!
Should have bought Eufy or Ring during the Christmas/Black Friday/Cyber Monday/New Years sales.
Gonna have to bite the bullet and pay full price for them now. Cannot go through another year of this, waiting till year end for sales.
Oh! The one cam reporting notifications is running RTSP firmware. The other pan cam was also running RTSP but i put back the official firmware because my last working sensor all of a sudden stopped talking to it for no reason. Decided maybe the official firmware would fix it. Tried for weeks. No go. The battery in the sensor was brand new and good. No idea why it just stopped talking to the cam.
Since that didn’t fix the sensor, will put rtsp back on and see if that cam starts to report notifications again.

How many devices is your router specified to handle? Using a network scanner app, how many total devices are connected to your system, counting 2.4gHz, 5gHz and wired devices? I say to use the network app and add up all of the channels, because when I scanned mine, there were 19 more devices than I could remember that I had. It is easy to use up the capacity!

I used to be very satisfied w the cameras, I bought V2s about 2+ years ago. I had set up my cameras motion and sound detection pretty carefully and false triggers were quite rare - I would get one or two notifications every couple of hours or so. Fast forward a year or so - Wyze starts rolling out their “AI” and Cam plus subscriptions - suddenly my cameras are sending out CONSTANT stream of notifications, one every few minutes. I made no changes on my part and nothing in the environment that the cameras are in have changed. This has basically rendered the systems “notification” functionality completely useless. The fact that this happened at the same time as they rolled out a subscription service that’s supposed to reduce false triggers…no, it’s not suspicious at all.

They are still decent cameras at the price point, but as with all things - buyer beware - products might be good but companies get greedy.

I think your situation may not be exactly the same as mine but give this a gander and see if it might help you out. From about 90 days ago.

It might get you in the right neighborhood, anyway…

Thanks. My router is quite powerful. It handles my devices. At this time of night, most devices are off and there are only a few things connected. This only started about 3 wks ago (or about the same time of that massive AWS outage?) It doesn’t happen all the time. Didn’t happen last night. Nothing’s changed in my environment/network. Knowing all the headaches i’ve had with these cams since day #1, i’d be hard pressed to believe that it’s my router causing the issue.
Funny, after writing my post this camera stopped sending notifications too. Then a day later I got the email from Wyze about opting in for the Cam Plus Lite offer. I haven’t received any notifications since I wrote my post above!

To me Wyze Products are a Love and Hate relationship. Have 2 V2, V1 Doorbell, CordlessVac, Bulbs, Outside PowerPlug (POS), Indoor PowerPlug (they do work), 3 Cars, LED Strips, COVID Test Kits, Masks and been called a “Internet Lawyer” in this form :smirk:. These guys throw darts to see what sticks and Good Luck on getting things fixed. Luckily I also use Ring Cams, Home Alarm and with their latest gear All working very well. Good Luck in your quest for Wyze Help.

Races??

Less and less satisfied every new day. The last several weeks starting with the AWS disaster has been full of disappointment. About a week ago notifications on my phone broke and Wyze hasn’t been able to fix it yet. It seems to be a somewhat widespread issue.

2 Likes

Yep…Pool Parties.

1 Like

To follow up on my original reply…

I’ll agree with all, these are a love/hate…i wish they’d concentrate on making the software a 100%.
When it works, i’ve had great success with the products working as should.
The APP is the MAIN LANE to all products…

Stop making new products and concentrate on the backbone to the system, the APP and its configuration…

How many WYZE items can you have on one app?
Current setup…

15 cameras, (combination of V1, V2, V3 and outdoor)

6 door sensors
8 color bulbs
4 reg bulbs
Indoor vacuum
3 Outdoor outlets
2 indoor outlets
1 floor lamp
1 Scale
1 Outdoor base
1 Wyze car…(save your money)
1 Doorbell V1
9 nitelights (no app required, they work well) hehe
1 motion sensor
(had 2 one died, new battery, will not work and guess what…sensor obsolete, unless, you purchase the newly offered subscription service and yes the V2 sensor)

ALL and ALL, I have 50 “wyze items” that require the APP.
Seriously, I see why there is a constant battle…updates, firmware, etc.
75% of the time updates will work, but the past year it seems to break at least 2-3 items every time it updates on my system.

In the APP;
The camera states it’s offline, yet works perfectly when you open up to view.
Sensors offline, till you open the door and it works fine.

Vacuum offline till you hit start
Doorbell has been hit/miss since installed. (notifications)
(Correction requires for you to completely remove and add again) PITA

Get the app right; it’ll truly make these products and most people’s lives that much easier
Again my 2 cents.
Cheers and thank you

Rich K.

PS
I OWN these as well but are reluctant to install.
Wyze thermostat…due to the hiccup of issues, how can i trust this to run the HVAC in my home, i can’t.
Wyze lock…same as above, to much at stake to worry if the door is locked or not.

1 Like

You could not pay me enough to install a Wyze lock or thermostat. If they’re as reliable as my cams are I’d expect the thermostat to either cook or freeze my dogs to death while I’m out and the lock to unlock the door every time one of my cams detects a person at the door, or maybe it just won’t let me in whenever it feels like it.

No thanks!!

3 Likes

Agree…That’s why I donated to Goodwill the Wyze Alarm System (waste of $$)…I would not trust these guy’s with my Home Security.

3 Likes

Will anyone from wyze post an update with a timeframe of when they will fix this problem? These cams are useless if they aren’t sending notifications. Time to start buying more cams for my security system as they haven’t blinked once during this time of wyze failure.

How many devices is your router listed to handle? How many total devices besides Wyze do you have on your networks?

It is not my network or router. This same exact network has worked for months with no additions or changes and the notifications still stopped. I did all the checks. I spent over 30 years in IT and computer/network fields - it is not my network.

2 Likes

Good for you. Will you swap cams with me? Hi used over two dozen Wyze products and this is the only one that’s been a problem.
It is well documented all over the web at some of these outdoor cams have a lot of problems with connectivity. And the wife site they recognize the problem and they released a new firmware at one point but it hasn’t helped.

So are you able to answer the question about how many devices your router is made to handle? It might well be that it is not the culprit, but good troubleshooting starts with the basic questions. Which brand/model is it? Maybe I can look it up for you.

Second question is using an app to count, how many devices are on it, including wired, 5 gHz and 2.4 gHz?

Lets get the router eliminated. You know from 30 years in IT that troubleshooting starts with eliminating the obvious stuff.

1 Like