Is Android TV Compatible With Wyze?

Hi:
I am thinking about buying a new large-screen Android tv.
Does anyone have a newer model Android tv? And, have you installed the Wyze app? Does it work?
How well do Android apps in general work on your Android tv?
I have seen some postings, but it is unclear to me if you can make the Wyze app work on the Android feature.

I haven’t checked lately but it wasn’t compatible with Android TV on an nVidia Shield.
I sideloaded it but it never worked well.

Thanks
Yeah, I just did some more searching. "Android phone apps don’t work with Android tv unless Google has an Android tv equivalent .

tinyCam will work on Android TV but has it’s own issues. Frequently has to reconnect to the WYZE cameras. Not really a tinyCam issue but still a bit annoying.
I think it may work ok if you only had one camera connected to it.

Would you consider a tv with Amazon Fire instead of an Android tv? (I would think Android tvs should work. But someone should confirm for you.)

I know from personal experience that Tinycam Pro (purchased and downloaded from Amazon) works perfectly for me on my Amazon Fire tvs. I use one of the Insignia 43" 4k tv with Amazon Fire built-in and 2 of the 40" Element 1080p tv’s with Fire tv Cube driving them. Your home network speed and bandwidth and the number of cameras you want to use may also be a factor in your success.

1 Like

Thanks

Far from a perfect solution, you can chromecast your Wyze cam stream to an Android TV. The stream stops after a time and have had issues of it not working at all when Wyze has some server hiccups from time to time. If you have a google home the command is "ok google play “name of camera” on “android tv cast name”

Why is the Wyze app only compatible with Android Phones?

My gawd. This seems absurd!

I Have a Shield and several Tivo streaming 4K -Android TVS and Several 4k fire sticks. WYZE APP DOES NoT WORK ON ANY OF THEM??

I would like to use the app anywhere but my phone.! Why would they develop an app that does not work on any of the popular streaming devices. I am spitting mad right now.

I have tried Tiny Cam plus but it seems I always get hacked on it.

Has anyone figured out how to sideload a “working Wyze Cam App for Android Tv’s or Fire sticks?”

If so can you send me a direct link to download so i can attempt to side load it?

I was able to get it to work on a Google tv. I had to sideload Google Chrome first once I had it installed login was very tricky as it would looping I’ll try and make a video with the android tv install and upload it to google drive and share the link

It only seems to be native compatible with Android phone or Tablet. Not sure about apple as I do not own one.

I Know it does not work with Android TV, Tivo stick which is also Android TV and most importantly it does not work on any Fire devices.
Both Fire Sticks and then Tivo which is also Android TV are reasonably priced. So it is disappointing that the only thing their app will work on is natively is Androids again do not know about apple.

I am looking for another system as I do not want to have to buy another device to have it on my big TV. Right now I am using a 10" android tablet to view the Cameras. As I cannot afford anything else.

You can use Tiny Cam Pro which does work on Android TV. I forgot if it works on fire devices. Must not have as I put it on tivo 4k streaming .It is a learning curve and it works, there are extra features kinda cool but it was annoying to me and seemed to have glitches certain areas, might have just been the tivo i was using becausevit was quite full. You can try that though. It is in the play store. Thry hsve s free version snd s pro. You can try the free if you likd it you can buy thr pro. It is very very reasonable. Others may have better answers as this is just ftom my experience.

I just wish they had a Native for Fire Sticks snd Android tv so it can easily be viewed from a TV. That is defintely a downfall and deal breaker for me to invest any further as you have to climb mountains to side load this snd that, blah blah blah. Their should be more ootions to have their native app on Fire Sticks/devices as well as Android tv as thry are very popular.

Perhaps you can get a cheap Android box and try it? Personally I do not want to buy another flipping box when I have a Shield, 4 Tivo sticks and many Fire devices available. Seems odd it is geared more for your phone than anything.

You get what you pay for though, i suppose. Right now i cannot get sound when viewing live on my android phone or my tablet. Not only that I sometimes need to restart to get the sound back. I have a Samsung, a popular phone, so security wise it is unreliable at times. That issue has been going on since the last 3 updates. I have created a few tickets about it without any response. It is so disappointing as they used to have great customer service.

Anyway try the Tiny Cam free version, if you like it, you can go Pro. Again Pro version is very very reasonable. Maybe someone else can suggest something else or another program?

WYZE:
If Wyse is reading, you need to fix the sound issue when live viewing for The Samsung and android Tablets. It has sound capabilities but I cannot use it. PLEASE FIX.

We need a native Wyze app for Fire Devices and Android Tv.

Your customers are having to climb mountains trying to view on a bigger Tv screen. Why not make it so a non techy person can view on regular tv with a cheap fire stick or Tivo 4k Android TV stick? Shield Android TV is also popular.

Seriously, to be able to view easily on a regular tv would be a better option for your customers. Love the sndroid wyze app once the sound workds again.

Good luck sir. I hope it works for you. Maybe you can give some feed back later. :slight_smile:

Whooops, I am sorry I misunderstood. I think perhaps I am stuck on them makimg a native app I skimmed over your post comment. My apologies. :crazy_face:

:two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:Oh that would be very very much appeciated from myself and others as I do not think ghere is any tutorial how to make that happen. If i could sideload it to android tv and it work that would be fantastic. Thank you inadvance. I look forward to it.

How I was able to get it to work on.

ANDROID TV / GOOGLE TV

1. install google chome apk from uptodown i used 119-0-6045-53.apk

2. install a launcher otherwise in order to be able to access wyze or chrome you’ll have to go to settings then apps select either app then open. some android tv os you can open chrome just by asking google assistant they took that ability in Google OS which is totally stupid.

download and install wzye apk from uptodown

I use atv launcher pro because it’s very customizable and also installed launcher manager so i just boot to my launcher ow instead of the android tv launcher but isn’t needed you can just select your launcher whenever you want to access a app that the ANDROID/GOOGLE OS hides.

Now the tricky part the login process and the reason for installing chrome

open chrome fo the the xyze website and login once that is done just press home to leave it on that page

also almost forgot install a rotation controll app to force wyze into landscape mode.

now when you open wyze you may have to be quick about this as it will crash and boot you out quick once you get past this part you should be fine.

Open app
SELECT LOGIN WITH GOOGLE
IF POPUP COMES UP ON WHAT APP SELECT CHROME AND ALWAYS IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE SITE SAYING YOUR LONGED IN PRESS HOME THEN GO BACK OPEN WYZE APP AND YOUR GOOD TO GO

FIRE STICK I just side loaded like any other app and installed no issues you may have to install a launcher i the fire os hides the app