IR triggers movement detection

Each time my Wyze enable/disable the IR mode with IR lights, the camera detects of movement and notifies me. I did open a support request but no update at all.

Anybody know how to fix that ?

1 Like

Hi, @bastien974. Do you have your support ticket number from the Wyze email?

2 Likes

Yes, 441905, last update was a month ago, but not sure if it is a real bug or if it’s me, not sure.

Thank you so much for your patience. While we do not have an update just yet, our engineering team is currently looking into this and we hope to see this resolved in an upcoming update.

Am I the only one noticing that issue ?

1 Like

All of my cams have always erroneously detected movement when switching between night vision modes… once at dawn and once at dusk. It’s not exclusive to the IR lights as half of my cams have IR lights switched off. It’s understandable that the switch between night vision modes will generate a huge pixel-based contrast change, but it also seems like a fairly simple firmware logic enhancement to distinguish this particular scenario as a non-event.

2 Likes

My cameras detect motion too when switching from night to day or vice versa. See this link for other discussions on this issue.

3 Likes

Thanks, so we’ll wait until they decide to address that in a general update then.

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Yes, that is correct.

2 Likes