IR light comes on after turning cameras back on. Update issues cam V4.9.6.156 AppV2.12.29

If you are still experiencing the issue I can try to recreate it later now that I know the exact process you are seeing it.

That would be great! I know there are a couple of us who are still experiencing the issue.

1 Like

I will see what I can do when I get home, it may be morning before I get results posted

1 Like

@WyzeJasonJ What @Delant stated is exactly the problem that I am having.

I am running Android version v2.16.23 in the app with the 4.9.6.218 FW and I am still experiencing this issue daily with having to manually every single day go into the settings for each camera to toggle that switch from on to off again just to make them go off. My cameras are set on a schedule to come on everyday at dark which is about 5:30pm and this is the way that it has been for months now with no resolution from Wyze to fix this issue. Here are some screenshots from my app showing the issue… I dont need to use the internal IR lights as I have much better separate IR lights outdoors shining where I need them so this is a real pain to have to turn these off manually daily like this. I wish they would acknowledge the problem and fix it!

Did you perform this test in front of a glass window at night?

I am actually running a test right now, it is not in front of a window but that should not matter.

Edit
Test 1 - Worked properly cam turned on IR lights stayed off (cam is in pitch black room), IR setting stayed off. I am on old firmware and beta app, updating firmware for a second test.
Test 2 - Issue is now present on beta app and beta firmware 4.9.6.224
Log submitted 77167

I submitted logs back in October and others submitted logs back in August so we have been waiting for a while now on this issue.

Thanks for confirming! :+1:

I just checked this problem on a Cam Pan (the other camera I reported being a V2) and, to eliminate any unanticipated anomalies, tried it without clear glass in front of the camera. Same exact issue. All public release software, cam and app, is up to date. This camera exhibits the same issue.

To be thorough, I also just performed a factory reset on the Cam Pan. No change in operation; still has the issue.

I too have experienced this as reported in this thread:

Fortunately I’ve been able to get the IR LED setting to hold although the solution may not be available or acceptable for everyone.

Some time ago I rolled back the F/W on both the PanCam and V2 to an earlier version where the IR setting was retained after a power cycle. A fortuitous side effect of manually reverting the F/W is the .bin file stays on the SD card after the rollback so a properly working version was still there from the last time I updated and I was able to again revert both cameras back to a working version of the F/W.

My PanCam is now running F/W version 4.10.5.111 and the V2 is 4.9.5.98 and the IR LEDs are functioning as set in the App. The good news is the PanCam F/W is still available on the Wyze site so it’s available to anyone who wants to do the rollback, but the bad news is the V2 F/W is not. Later versions of the PanCam and V2 F/W may fix the problem but I can only attest to what I’ve installed.

Obviously by rolling back the F/W any subsequently added functionality will be lost so it will be a matter of what you want to live with or live without.

Note to self: Never, as in NEVER, update Wyze firmware until it’s been in the field for at least… well, let’s say forever since that seems to be how long it takes for Wyze to get the bugs out.

Has anyone seen any resolution to this ongoing issue? I’ve gone through a few software updates, but I’m still having to go through my nightly ritual of cycling the Night Mode settings.

I assumed that from what WyzeGwendolyn said on this topic back in November, that it would be taken care of in an update from last year. For me, anyway, it has yet to be addressed.

1 Like

No fix that I’m aware of.

IMO Wyze is more interested in getting new, unproven products to market (can you say - handheld vacuum? :astonished: ) than fixing the F/W bugs they created that prevent their existing products from working as advertised.

1 Like

Can we get this fixed already? Known bug, its been two months. This, on top of the now useless/bricked wyze sense units I have are questioning ever purchasing a wyze product again. Great that its low cost, but sometimes you should just spend a bit more money and get a quality product and skip the headaches.

It’s been way longer than 2 months. This issue was brought up back in July of 2020 last year and it has STILL NOT BEEN RESOLVED even though it was mentioned by @UserCustomerGwen in November that they had “found the root cause of this last night and are working on a fix.” Many firmware updates since then has left this issue totally out from getting addressed. Like @Delant I am having to constantly manually turn 4 different cameras IR lights off every single night! Since this was said to have been a issue they had acknowledged but failed to include in any firmware updates for us I am no longer purchasing anymore of their products. I will not invest any more money in a company that refuses to address well known bugs in their products without providing remedies for it. It makes me sick to see them constantly releasing new products when they are NOT addressing the current issues with their previous products! I used to love WYZE and was a proud owner of their products (Cameras, Light Bulbs, Sense, and Plugs) but this has totally affected the way that I view this company now and I am not the only one that feels this way. Sad to say but it was “their choice” to do this to their customers.

I’m sorry, folks. I’ll run this up the chain again. Could you please send in fresh logs with updated firmware and app versions and post the log numbers here? That can be done through Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log.

1 Like

Ticket ID: 131642

This log was created after my daily IR Light Setting cycling, required to have the IR lights turn off. I’m assuming the logs go back far enough to capture everything that’s needed.

Running firmware 4.9.6.218 and app v2.17.7. Would be willing to run a beta version.

Thanks for making another attempt at solving this.

1 Like

Logs Submitted: 136270, 136278, 136284 & 136288
Firmware versions: 2 cameras @ 4.9.6.218 and 2 cameras @ 4.9.6.199 (Update paused here by Wyze and didnt get the 218 update)
App v2.17.7

Along with the logs sent the link to the threads here on the forums about this issue that is affecting many users including @R_T’s thread here:

And this one as well: https://forums.wyze.com/t/night-vision-ir-lights-come-on-automatically-when-not-requested/123649

We are all experiencing the same issue as noted in these threads… If Wyze fixes this I will be more than glad to change my stance on not purchasing anymore of their products. I would like to own the Wyzecam V3 when they come back in stock but waiting to see if this issue will ever be resolved as I would not want to purchase those only to have the same issue on those as well. Please fix this for us Wyze as we have waited so long for it while other products have continued to be rolled out!!

1 Like

I will see if I can get these log numbers pushed up the ladder. Thanks for updating with log numbers

2 Likes

Thank you for the logs! I’ll get them to the team right away. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone in here on beta? I hear that the beta should have this fix already.

1 Like

I’m not on Beta but did receive a update today and this issue was NOT among the bug fixes obviously. I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to “manually” turn OFF all my IR lights on my cameras today but that didn’t happen. :sob: So still waiting on Wyze for a fix for this issue…