iOS App 2.24.36, Wyze Sense Hub, and Wyze Cam v2, Pan, and Outdoor Firmware Released - 9/8/21

I have not heard any updates yet, I just know they are working on it.

3 Likes

Hmmm. Seems like Wyze isn’t communicating as often with us as it used to. Bricking so many WCOs and Bases seems like a pretty serious problem. Hard to believe it slipped through the Alpha and Beta groups.

Wasn’t the problem WCO and Base firmware a PUBLIC release? I mean, it was announced in the WYZE NEWS UPDATE area … not the beta group. I assumed it had already cleared the Beta group before being widely released. Or is Wyze now considering all forum users Beta users?

1 Like

My comment was to muerte33 in reference to sync time failure on Pan and v2 cams:

2021Sep29th My V2 Sync was not working on f/w ver 4.9.6.241 and still not working on 4.9.7.1068, Android phone.

@UserCustomerGwen My base station is yellow light bricked, was the issue resolved?

This happened to me today when I tried to update firmware, firmware failed and now the base station only shows a yellow light, is there anything I can do?

v2 sync fix is in beta testing… firmware 4.9.8.352 and later. Coming soon to a production build.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your input but it still doesn’t work for me, is there any other tip you could give me please?
So I formatted sd card on Mac to Ex-fat, then only drag and drop the folder sd_update
after that I inserted the card in the base station and then power cycle for 1 minute
Base station keeps showing a solid yellow light and I’m not sure if it is doing anything, how long approximately should I wait and when to remove the sd card?

Thanks in advance!

Your 32GB or smaller SD card should be formatted to MS-DOS (FAT) under macOS.

2 Likes

any updates here wyze? over a month I still have a bricked base with a solid yellow light

Tried it again with 4.16.2.26 and still it’s bricked with a solid yellow. Are all our WCO just paper weights now?!

Have you called Support? Their phone number is (206) 339-9646, or you can chat with an agent or create a ticket on the support site.

They’re open for support between 4 am-8 pm PT Monday through Friday, and 8 am-4 pm PT Saturday.

I tried, listened to hold music for an hour and gave up.

v2 Cam

So, I waited… just short of two months to be safe. :slight_smile:

Rebooted or power cycled each cam before applying updates individually.

Smooth installations, no errors.

Cams stream a little differently, pretty strong overall, some cams will fall and rise in bitrate/fps in a regular cycle, not stalling out but making for jerky motion.

Rebooted mesh router system for good measure, but I think it doesn’t retain its beam-forming fine tuning per device across boots, seems to reestablish from scratch.