iOS App 2.24.36, Wyze Sense Hub, and Wyze Cam v2, Pan, and Outdoor Firmware Released - 9/8/21

Nope! You’re all set. Thanks for checking in! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi all,

We’ve paused the firmware update. Engineering team is checking the logs at the moment. We’re sorry for the issue.

3 Likes

Just to throw my two cents in here, apparently the issue with the wyze cam outdoor base is not happening to everyone, I updated mine today (Android ) to 4.16.2.24 without issue

2 Likes

Same here… one base connected via Ethernet and one connected via WiFi.

2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t mention that, mine is running via WiFi.

2 Likes

log id 292131

connected via ethernet, updated WCO base to 4.16.2.24 said it failed, base is bricked with solid yellow light.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Happy to hear not all are affected.

I should have added that my base stations were both connected via Ethernet using iOS app version v2.24.36.

1 Like

And my one base was connected via Ethernet, running Android 2.24.23 for the app.

Seapup
Do you run an SD card in your WCO base ?
i am asking because i do not run a SD card in my WCO base , it might be relevant

Yes, I have an SD card in the base. 32Gig.

@cruzin I want to confirm that you’ve tried manually flash the firmware file onto the base station following the steps below already with the latest four versions. The base station still stays solid yellow. Is that correct?

Flash Firmware for Wyze Base Station

1. Wyze Base Station firmware files can be found on the Release Notes page.
  2. Download the specific version of firmware from the Release Notes.
  • Windows 10: Right-click in the folder and select extract all.
  • Mac: Drag and drop (extract) the folder to the root directory of your microSD card. The folder name should be sd_update
  1. Insert the microSD card into the Base Station, then power cycle it. The Base Station will start the firmware flash process. The status light will either stay solid yellow, or immediately start blinking blue.
  2. Once flash is complete, the base station will reboot itself. Wait until the status light becomes solid blue again. If already set up, it should reconnect automatically. Otherwise, setup can be attempted again at this point.
  3. Take out the microSD card and remove the folder “sd_update”. If left in, the base station will enter firmware flashing mode every time it reboots.

Thank you for your log! Can you please try manually flashing your base station and see if the issue persists?
The steps are below.

Flash Firmware for Wyze Base Station

1. Wyze Base Station firmware files can be found on the Release Notes page.
  2. Download the specific version of firmware from the Release Notes.
  • Windows 10: Right-click in the folder and select extract all.
  • Mac: Drag and drop (extract) the folder to the root directory of your microSD card. The folder name should be sd_update
  1. Insert the microSD card into the Base Station, then power cycle it. The Base Station will start the firmware flash process. The status light will either stay solid yellow, or immediately start blinking blue.
  2. Once flash is complete, the base station will reboot itself. Wait until the status light becomes solid blue again. If already set up, it should reconnect automatically. Otherwise, setup can be attempted again at this point.
  3. Take out the microSD card and remove the folder “sd_update”. If left in, the base station will enter firmware flashing mode every time it reboots.

Just tried, light stayed solid yellow, never started flashing blue. Not sure if it’s doing anything?

tried again, waiting 10mins with the sdcard inserted with the “sd_update” folder in root. light stayed solid yellow, never went blue. removed card, removed “sd_update” folder, restarted it, solid yellow still.

For what it’s worth, that’s exactly what happened to me too. I followed all the steps using both the current and an older firmware from the website. I let the base sit for upwards of 20 minutes–solid yellow/orange. There was no indication the base did anything. I power cycled before inserting the SD card, after inserting the card (and waiting 20 minutes). I tried the reset button again. Nothing worked–solid yellow/orange. I tried it both connected and disconnected from my router. I deleted everything except the sd-update folder from the memory card. Nothing more I could think of to try.

just tried again with 4.16.2.16, same story, solid yellow the entire time. still bricked.

yup, it’s out to lunch, fubar.

Same here!

No SD cards in the 2 WCO cams or base stations that I successfully updated. I can try updating one that is running a card tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.

1 Like

Log ID 292312. Connected via ethernet with two cameras. No luck with the manual update.