iOS App 2.24.36, Wyze Sense Hub, and Wyze Cam v2, Pan, and Outdoor Firmware Released - 9/8/21

Log ID 292312. Connected via ethernet with two cameras. No luck with the manual update.

My WCO has an SD card (64gb). The base does not have an SD card. Both updated with no problems

I too now have a bricked base station, solid yellow light. I have it connected via ethernet and have an SD card in it. I will try the Flash Firmware via microSD card route later, but it sounds like that has not worked for others.

@WyzeLi – I was successful after having to manually flash last night, but I’m not sure how much I like those instructions. :slight_smile:

Item 2: They tell the Mac user to Drag and drop the extracted folder to the root directory of the microSD card, and that the folder name should be “sd_update”. The Windows user is only told to extract the file.

Item 3: This step does not say what the difference is between expecting a solid yellow light or a blinking blue light. Nor does it indicate how long to wait for the flash process to complete.

Item 4: This step has a couple issues in my mind: A) It doesn’t explain why the base doesn’t go into another flash cycle when it reboots (no one has removed the card yet), and B) It says to wait for a solid blue light, like that is the only option. That’s not what happened to me – I got the solid yellow light that others are reporting. After about a minute of no change, I removed the SD card and power cycled the Base. It then came up successfully for me.

Item 5: Removing the card needs to be done sooner IMO, but what are the indicators as to when? If it truly does boot off the card again after a reboot, then maybe the user should be given a flashing light code that the flash is complete, at which time they are told to remove the SD card and power-cycle the Base to reboot it? Or does the Base only read the SD card on a hard power cycle, and not your soft reboot?

After I removed the card and cycled the power, it came up successfully on my WiFi using the previous settings, but didn’t see the cameras (probably because I played with the sync button when I lost contact with the base due to the previous bug). So I just sync’d the cameras back again, and all was well.

So maybe that needs to be covered as well. Also, there must be a difference between manually flashing a Base that is setup and thus has WiFi information embedded, and one straight out of the box. Also, what is the difference between one connected by an Ethernet cable and one not?

I’m 100% up now, but I think the instructions need review.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi, i dont recieve notifications (cam pan) in my iphone after updating

I have a V2 or a Pan Cam

• I didn’t install. I’ll first monitor the Forum to gauge its success.
  • It installed and everything works.
  • It installed but I had to revert.
  • It bricked my cam and I can’t revert.
  • I have a V2.
  • I have a Pan.

0 voters

Note: You can change your vote if your circumstances change.

I have an Outdoor Cam

• I didn’t install. I’ll first monitor the Forum to gauge its success.
  • It installed and everything works.
  • It installed but I had to revert.
  • It bricked my cam and I can’t revert.

0 voters

Note: You can change your vote if your circumstances change.

NOTE: It’s possible that these polls will be skewed toward negative responses since folks for whom things updated perfectly may be less likely to ever be in this thread.

1 Like

Just seeing this, submitted a log.

log id: 292634

tried these steps again, only waiting 1 minute this time, still bricked.

Tried to update a 3rd WCO pair running SD cards as a test this morning, but can’t as they’ve pulled the release. No biggie… Wyze probably has enough logs to dig through.

2 Likes

I had similar issue before, and Wyze was without solution. I flashed an older firmware to a SD card, I think .12 or older and it worked. Have NOT updated since and will not until this is fixed.
My cameras had to be reset but are working.

This is yet another update for V2 and Pan cameras that hasn’t fixed the pink flash immediate recording when the camera is turned on via the app. Wyze, when are you guys going to fix this!!!

iOS app 2.24.36 update didn’t fix this request to access the microphone once a day when the app is first opened. :unamused:

1 Like

Interestingly, I got a prompt to update this the other day, but didn’t have time at the moment so decided to defer it until later. Upon returning, I learned that there is an apparent problem with the WCO and base station firmware and it got recalled before I could attempt.

Not in any particular hurry after reading about that… Ugh.

2 Likes

If it  *s you up, I will buck you up.

You ain’t heavy. You’re my brother. :hugs:

1 Like

Haha… Well-said bruh :sunglasses:

Likewise, I would boost you thusly. Hand-up not a hand-out :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Lol, that would make a nice ‘handle.’

Might make me sound like I’m part of a carjacking gang.

1 Like

Then you gotta put

in your profile. :slight_smile:

1 Like