iOS App 2.24.36, Wyze Sense Hub, and Wyze Cam v2, Pan, and Outdoor Firmware Released - 9/8/21

@WyzeLi – I was successful after having to manually flash last night, but I’m not sure how much I like those instructions. :slight_smile:

Item 2: They tell the Mac user to Drag and drop the extracted folder to the root directory of the microSD card, and that the folder name should be “sd_update”. The Windows user is only told to extract the file.

Item 3: This step does not say what the difference is between expecting a solid yellow light or a blinking blue light. Nor does it indicate how long to wait for the flash process to complete.

Item 4: This step has a couple issues in my mind: A) It doesn’t explain why the base doesn’t go into another flash cycle when it reboots (no one has removed the card yet), and B) It says to wait for a solid blue light, like that is the only option. That’s not what happened to me – I got the solid yellow light that others are reporting. After about a minute of no change, I removed the SD card and power cycled the Base. It then came up successfully for me.

Item 5: Removing the card needs to be done sooner IMO, but what are the indicators as to when? If it truly does boot off the card again after a reboot, then maybe the user should be given a flashing light code that the flash is complete, at which time they are told to remove the SD card and power-cycle the Base to reboot it? Or does the Base only read the SD card on a hard power cycle, and not your soft reboot?

After I removed the card and cycled the power, it came up successfully on my WiFi using the previous settings, but didn’t see the cameras (probably because I played with the sync button when I lost contact with the base due to the previous bug). So I just sync’d the cameras back again, and all was well.

So maybe that needs to be covered as well. Also, there must be a difference between manually flashing a Base that is setup and thus has WiFi information embedded, and one straight out of the box. Also, what is the difference between one connected by an Ethernet cable and one not?

I’m 100% up now, but I think the instructions need review.

Thanks! :slight_smile: