IOS 14.4 WYZE widget

I currently have the scrollable on one page. handy for some things, and I have my front door V3 on my home page so I can open just that cam right up without navigating the app pretty much just like you do :sunglasses:

@spamoni and @Stiv definitely send some logs in reporting that as well. I didn’t see that behavior at all. that shouldn’t be how it acts in either of your cases

1 Like

I agree with @Stiv - my experience on Ipad has been the same. No matter what widget I add all it will do is open to the home screen.

The single device widget on my iPad works so far very handy to quickly open the camera live view.

I couldn’t get the list or the other widgets to work though. They are blank and will not let me add any devices.

2 Likes

The only thing I can get mine to do is open the app. It will only go to the device/group currently open in the app. Looks like you were able to get it to consistently go to a specific device?
What am I missing?

1 Like

How I added my widget to iOS. Hope this helps.

1. Tap + top left corner
  2. Tap add
  3. Select WyzeBeta widget
  4. Press & hold widget
  5. Device > choose
  6. Tap screen to finish

My iPhone does not give me a list of devices. If I hit choose, it says no options available.

1 Like

That’s really weird. All my Wyze devices populate in a list to choose from.

I am sure it has something to do with the widget itself saying “Please log in”. Even though I already am.

1 Like

I’m sure it has some bugs to be worked out.

Absolutely. In the meantime, I will keep playing around with it and see if I can get it working.

1 Like

I’ve never messed with widgets before but this may change soon. I have an iPhone and iPad.
Your comments and guidance have been great. Thanks for that.
Question: Have you tried to add a group, say 2 cameras, to a widget and view both ?

1 Like

Yes, there is a group widget that will allow a group of 4 cameras. It does open all 4 live streams at the same time with a single tap. The only problem with this widget it doesn’t label which cameras are in the group. It is blank with no details for the widget. Outside of that it works well.

1 Like

With the latest update today, the widget works in iOS. The group widget looks like it can’t be changed - It takes the first 4 devices listed in the app. The single widget allows me to pick whatever device I want.

1 Like

I finally got the group widget to populate the device list after I deleted it twice and reinstalled. Now I can actually see what I’m tapping on. My cam group works when I tap on it but it still has a few wonky behaviors.

1 Like

would like to see a widget that gives a picture from a camera updated on an interval.

2 Likes

I’m having a problem with the Widget telling me to login. I tap on it and it then shows me the correct cameras. But then later, after my device has been locked for a period of time, when I unlock i’m back to the Login prompt again. Anybody else seeing this ?

Figured out thatIf you merge your individual camera with it by treating them like creating a folder, sliding one over the other until they merge, you actually create a sliding stack with you.
Pretty cool. (sorry for the poor video but I am seem to only be able to upload little tiny videos - 4096K)

1 Like

that’s nice!!! if you had a picture from the camera there that would be awesome for a quick check to see if someone was home (car in driveway) snow etc…

The only thing that bothers me is when you pic a cam, it opens the app first, then goes to the camera.

@spamoni4, I had the same behavior. This fixed it:

1. Add widget to page
  2. Resize widget to a larger size
  3. Follow normal steps of selecting device
  4. Device saves properly
  5. Resize to smaller widget size
  6. Things still function properly