Introducing Wyze Video Doorbell - 9/22/20

this is a really popular question :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the clarification! That is very promising, it means it is “possible” they could [eventually] work together directly. That is cool.

I assume that the Chime will actually be integrated into the Wyze Ecosystem to work as a rule with other devices anyway. For example, while I have the traditional ding-dong chime set for the doorbell, I am sure we’ll be able to make a rule where anytime my backyard cam gets a Person detection alert, it uses the “Bark” chime. Or maybe anytime a certain motion sensor or contact sensor is triggered a rule causes a specific chime to let me know. Thus, if you have internet access and everything is on Wyze Servers, then Wyze Rules (and maybe even IFTTT rules) can make other things trigger the chime anyway…won’t matter if they use the same frequency/standard or not. This might not be available immediately, but I am pretty sure it will be possible regardless. They’d be crazy not to integrate it into their system. If you make one of your contact sensors work as a leak detector as others have done, they could have the chime make a sound alert through rules. So many cool possibilities.

Honestly, I’m almost as excited about the Chime possibilities as the doorbell itself, especially since it indicates that more chimes can be added…I wonder if they are Wyze selected chimes only, or if we’ll be able to add our own sound clips, which would be AWESOME!

Regardless, your find that the Doorbell/chime and the sensors have overlapping frequencies is awesome. The Home Assistant crowd might be able to hack them to work together directly for Home Assistant even if Wyze doesn’t do so themselves. They hacked the Sensor bridge to plug directly into the server by USB instead of through a cam.

Any plans to offer a wireless option? I do not have a wired doorbell or any for that matter. This is what is lacking in this space, a good wireless battery operated video doorbell. The closest does not work in my Google ecosystem and cost to much. Would rather not use from another unknown vendor either adding yet another camera app to my phone. Not do I trust most of those unknown no name for themselves fly by night makers, most have poor resolution and horrid reviews. A wireless option from a company I trust (that’s you Wyze) and already have bought into would be great.

2 Likes

On Twitter, this is what they had to say: “While Wyze Chimes can only be directly paired with one doorbell, you can use Rules to trigger multiple chimes when a doorbell button is pressed.”

3 Likes

hmmmm
I would hope to use 2 doorbells, 1 chime speaker, assign different chime to each doorbell, like regular doorbells have a long chime for front, short chime for rear.
Less hardware.

Last time the ODC said it was a 1:1 base to cam pairing with the early access, but that was malarky.
I have 2 spare bases, 3 ODCs running off 1.

We’ll see, I ordered 2

1 Like

are you talking about WCO? as in Wyze Cam Outdoor? it was known in the forums that the base station supports 4 cameras from launch day…

1 Like

Just pre-ordered. Better than the ps5 pre-order! Quick question:
Will there be any mounting brackets to angle it?
My doorbell faces a wall and would like to see the sidewalk.

1 Like

Did you consider the homes that have roads out front of their doors? I have the same issue with the V2, it triggers constantly as cars drive by. The only thing that makes the V2 usable is the person detection. Unfortunately person detection is a paid service for new users.

1 Like

yes, flat and angled will be available:

Screw the doorbell to walls with

Wedge (aka corner kit): Tilt the angle of view 30 degrees horizontally.

Wall Plate - It would fix the doorbell flat on the wall

1 Like

I was excited about it until I saw no support for micro sd card :slightly_frowning_face:

13 Likes

In the AMA the guys had said the starter kit cam would only work with the packaged base
but to work with up to 4 cams initially, perhaps more.
Yeah, they clarified afterwards in the forums about the bases not singly mapped to the starter cam.

Is the wedge available yet? if so where?

I am pumped! Just ordered mine.

1 Like

comes with it

main:

details:

1 Like

Did I miss seeing the part in the video on how to secure this from physical pilfering?

hopes and prayers…

2 Likes

Don’t want to use this ugly thing, but might have to.

https://www.amazon.com/Hillman-Zinc-Plated-Square-U-Bolt/dp/B01N0X93QC/

1 Like

Does the door bell integrate with Amazon Echo Show devices? When someone rings the door bell, will it show a live feed of who is at the door on the Show?

2 Likes

I sure hope so, that would be great…are there any beta testers that have tried this? @Ken.S? sorry to throw you under the bus, but you have had great information on this device already :grin:

2 Likes

When we built our house, we had the electricians install a chime on each floor so we could hear the doorbell when downstairs. The Wyze Video Doorbell bypasses the chimes and requires an electronic chime and only includes one? Hard pass.

4 Likes