Intermittent notifications

I bought a camera yesterday. Using an android. Only get notifications once in a while. Been testing. Not sure what to do?

Hi @vipc, Since you are getting some notifications, I think we can rule out that they are blocked at the Android level. However, here’s a summary of levels of notification control, just in case:

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

If that doesn’t help, are you getting the events showing up in the Event tab, but just not getting the notifications? Or are you not getting the events either.

I’d suggest trying the troubleshooting steps found here: Support Site.

If none of that helps, your next step is to submit a Support Request.

1 Like

I am also new. Bought one camera and installed the app on on older Samsung Galaxy tablet and one recent smartphone running Android 8. Everything works fine on the old tablet. Everything worked fine on the phone for the first few days but then I made two changes: I powered off the camera and relocated it , and then I renamed the camera.

Since then I have not been able to get notifications on the phone. unless the app is actually running. Is that normal? I do get the event recordings, just not the notification of the triggered event.

Question: does the Wyze app have to be running in background for event notifications to be displayed?