Integration with Existing Security Systems

I just got off the phone with one of your reps after a long conversation. I’ve been an alarm installer for 28 years and I’m very impressed with what Ring and you guys have been doing in the last few years. I was going to go with Ring for my business I’m opening on the side but my friend turned me on to Wyze. Seems like more or less the same stuff as RING for a much better price.

First suggestion, RING just came out with it so you guys should consider adding it as well. It’s called the Ring Retrofit kit. What it allows you to do is add up to 8 wired alarm zones per module. This is great if you have an existing alarm system you want to bring into the 21st century or just like the reliability of wired zones. You guys not having this is the only thing still making me consider going with Ring.

Second suggestion is something that as far as I can tell neither you or Ring have, that’s a low voltage relay module. You guys do have the remote control plug which can be used in conjunction with a power supply and relay to control low voltage devices like door strikes and sirens, but it would be nice if you had dedicated relay modules so I wouldn’t need to jerry rig stuff. Something like a retrofit module that would have 8 NC C NO relay connections would be great. You could turn them on and off with the app. If you needed to control higher power devices you could just have the relays on the board trip higher amperage relays (sold separately such as the Altronix RB30). Given that would not be something for your average Joe to play around with. I can only imagine a guy trying to use it to turn his space heater on and off and make the module catch on fire, but it would be gold for professionals like myself. You already sort of have what I’m looking for in the garage door opener module,

If you were to develop the relay module I could see myself using it in my laundromat to turn off broken machines and at the same time light up low voltage OUT OF ORDER signs. Could use it to hook into an electrically controlled valve to shut off all water in an emergency or even rig up the coke machine to give customers a free drink over my phone. That’s the beauty of relays, you’re only limited by your imagination (and knowledge of correct wiring : ) )

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for the following associated wishlist topics:

3 Likes