Integration with Existing Security Systems

Is there any thought about integration with any other security systems ? I currently use FrontPoint security for my home and it would be awesome if everything worked together.

Yes that would be nice if Wyze could work with other security systems! Example: Ring, Nest, Adt, ect.

1 Like

the one issue I see with that, and keep in mind I am not an employee of Wyze, merely a volunteer forum Maven, but in integrating it with a true security system, it them could be referred to as a security camera, which these items are not, this could lead to a lot of issues of assumed reliability or capability when buying or if were to happen happen as these devices should not be relied on for security in any way.

4 Likes

Would anyone else be interested in a Wyze version of Konnected? I’m not interested in adding Wyze sensors throughout my home, but I would purchase one that hooked up to my existing security system box to add smart functionality to my home and other Wyze products. I would consider security monitoring provided by Wyze as well. Thanks for your time!

6 Likes

My current system has a siren, and I would like to have it work with the upcoming Wyze Alarm System.

1 Like

I would like integration with existing hard-wired sensors (like Konnected) - I have my whole house wired, every window, every door - (except garage doors - which I would use the existing Wyze sensors)…

3 Likes

Maybe a ‘smart’ terminal block that acts as a base station for the wired contact sensors and transmits wifi signals to emulate WYZE’s wireless sensors? I’d like that too.

2 Likes

I am very interested in this. I have a whole house wired with working door and motion sensors and would like those to appear in WHM. It’s the only thing holding me back from buying the wyze service.

Anyone working on this?

4 Likes

I would to integrate the Wyze system with my existing wired door and window sensors (ADT) and a wired external siren.

3 Likes

I would also like to see that. But I’m not going to hold my breath. I don’t think it fits in with their business model. After this year I will either get the Konnect to connect my old wired system or switch to the Ring home monitoring system that has that type of integration.

1 Like

I too decided also not to wait. I bought a Home Assistant Blue along with a Konnect module for all the hard-wired door sensors, motion sensors, and break glass in my house. I can even get a similar noonlight monitoring agreement if I so desire.

Home Assistant will be the center of my home automation, and I’ll use existing integrations to get to Konnect, ecobees, smart switches, and Wyze products like the plugs and cameras.

1 Like

I’m tempted to get the Wyze kit and just run in parallel to see how well it works with hopes of better features in the future. My hope is more of a DIY approach that someone can adapt a Konnect board to work with the Wyze base unit. If I can only get the wires sensors working that would be golden as a great first step

1 Like

Integrate Existing Alarm (built-in) with smart Wyze Alarm

I recently purchased a NEXX system (NEXX SMART ALARM | Nexx) to turn my DSC hard-wired alarm into a smart alarm that integrates with many systems (Alexa, Google Assistant, SmartThings, etc.). I couldn’t wait for Wyze to offer this, but hope they will consider it since the DSC/ADT/Honeywell hard-wired systems are installed in many homes and most don’t want to pay the hefty fees to companies like ADT for monitoring.

I know that Wyze recently came out with a wireless solution, but for those of us who have built-in systems it would be great to get an offering similar to NEXX, but at a lower cost and with monitoring as an option.

Thanks!

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this #wishlist request for consistency in grouping similar requests.

3 Likes

Welcome back @WizeGuy!
I love the idea of a retrofit kit for existing home alarm system sensors.
Don’t forget to vote for your own #wishlist item!

3 Likes

I asked the question in April of 2019 and got this.
“Newshound Wayne
April 7

Not sure what equipment you are trying to integrate with, but the Wyze cams have their own independent system. So, if you have a screen full of displays from your existing cameras, then you could set a mobile tablet next to that showing your Wyze cams. Doubt you could actually integrate the systems better than that. Might help to give more specifics on what equipment you are using, and what type of integration you were hoping for.”

Konnected makes a device to use an existing wired system to be controlled through an app, not having to go through the overpriced security service providers. This is what I was asking for in 2019. To connect my existing security wiring to a Wyze integrated system, which is also the same thing these guys are wanting!!

2 Likes

There are companies that will monitor your existing systems that you have for decent prices.

I pay $18 a month for my alarm to be monitored and it is a smart alarm system also,
Would only cost $10 a month but I wanted both internet and a backup cellular communicator so that costed $8 more a month.

ALSO Your current system is a U.L. Listed alarm system and Wyze is NOT, the monitoring is UL listed but the Wyze alarm devices are not a U.L. Listed Alarm Device. Wyze is not worth the risk when it comes to security, and Medical & Fire which Wyze does not offer

I currently use Geo-Arm for monitoring

I agree and doesn’t actually seem that it would be that difficult as Ring has a bridge of sorts to link the old with the new… Retrofit Alarm Kit…

Just an update since I created this #wishlist topic. My experience with the NEXX alarm retrofit solution was mixed and ultimately I had to return the unit after it died. It is great concept, but is made by a newer company and the product just isn’t ready for prime time.

So now I want to double down and really hope that Wyze decides to provide an alarm retrofit option.

If you like this idea, please don’t forget to click to vote button. Thank you!

6 Likes

Wyze home monitoring looks promising. However there is no need to buy all devices if my home is Pre wired. Would rather be able to link up existing sensors to my wyze home monitoring set up. (Cheat: look up similar device provided by ring).

I asked this question over a year ago, and the answer they gave wasn’t helpful…hopefully they come up with something. I know there is a company called konnected and you can get a monitoring company with it. Hope this helps or someone from Wyze does!!

1 Like