DISCLAIMER - This is a one way trip to forever remove the microphone from a Wyze V2 camera and absolutely voids any warranty. I am not responsible for anything that may happen if you try this.
As per many discussions in this forum, I disable the microphones on some Wyze V2 cameras to guarantee audio privacy and avoid any possible legal jeopardy depending on where they are placed.
- Bend a small hook in the end of a paper clip with pliers.
- Insert paper clip hook into microphone hole.
- Briskly yank hook upward with pliers to remove the faceplate.
Pay attention to how the rubber grommet is placed - which end is up and which end faces out towards faceplate. It needs to go back the exact same way.
- Remove the rubber grommet from around the camera lens.
- Grab microphone with needle nose pliers and pull and/or twist. It should pop free with incredibly little effort.
- Put the rubber grommet back in its original position and snap the faceplate back on the camera. Or you can fit the rubber grommet into the black plastic faceplace and snap them back in as a unit. Whichever way you find easier.